inconsistent strange voice behavior on new REV2

Re: inconsistent strange voice behavior on new REV2
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 06:07:21 PM »
You're welcome elektrofunk. Glad everything turned out well in the end. This is why forums like this exist, to try and help each other out when playing with our favorite tools. 
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 07:31:15 PM »
I have the same phenomena on my P-08.  Had it on my P-5 too back in the day.   For me, it's only noticeable if I retrigger the same note at a moderate pace and scrutinize it.  I don't notice it when I'm playing normally.  I just concluded that it is the nature of the beast - especially since my P-5 did the same thing.   
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

Gomjab

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 08:17:21 PM »
haha thanks man!
music ,... not sure.
but noise! hell yeah! The Robots Are Coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY_y7gC74AE&lc=z22zwzhqmk21xjj2kacdp43bi3qtht40usedb450oqpw03c010c

Hey it’s funky noise in a good way! 

MPM

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2018, 12:26:57 AM »
Wow. It turns out my brand new Rev2 did need a calibration! I thought it was just normal OSC drift. 
Do they even calibrate at the factory?
OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 06:17:47 AM »
haha thanks man!
music ,... not sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY_y7gC74AE&lc=z22zwzhqmk21xjj2kacdp43bi3qtht40usedb450oqpw03c010c

That track sounds great! Are the high brassy sounds done on the Rev2? What keyboards were used?

elektrofunk

• The Robots Are Coming
    • The Robots Are Coming
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 01:12:10 PM »
haha thanks man!
music ,... not sure.

That track sounds great! Are the high brassy sounds done on the Rev2? What keyboards were used?

Many thanks!
I never made any songs with the REV2 yet since i just bought one new from my local store.
This specific track is mostly done with ableton and a elektron machinedrum i believe.... we tend to vary a lot with gear.
I can share new songs (including the rev2) with you guys if you like? or is there a subforum for that on this site?

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »
haha thanks man!
music ,... not sure.

Many thanks!
I never made any songs with the REV2 yet since i just bought one new from my local store.
This specific track is mostly done with ableton and a elektron machinedrum i believe.... we tend to vary a lot with gear.
I can share new songs (including the rev2) with you guys if you like? or is there a subforum for that on this site?

Cool. I’d love to hear some. I guess you could post it in either the general discussion or, better still, start a dedicated “Rev 2 music” thread under the Rev 2 branch of the forum. (An equivalent subforum exists for the P12.) You could then link from this discussion.

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 10:31:03 PM »
haha thanks man!
music ,... not sure.

Many thanks!
In the "Off topic" section, subject "Your music":

(https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,127.0.html

there is a section Paul started on posting our music.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 08:30:18 AM »
Does anyone know how to get to "debug mode" on the desktop version?  There are no Up and Down buttons, because there is no keyboard and no quick local transpose.  I'm having odd voice issues, I'd like to reset the calibration.  Thanks!

Found it!  Random button pushing.  LFO 1, LFO4, Global.  :)

Hmm, did all the calibrations, there is still something very odd about playing the note B2 repeatedly with patch F2 P105, Dark Organ, four notes sound "normal" and the next four are all wack as it round robbins through the voices.  Is anyone else hearing this?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:49:30 AM by roberth909 »
Moog Voyager, Novation Peak, Waldorf Microwave XT, Nord Wave, Emu Audity 2000, Yamaha SY85 & TG500, Waldorf Pulse+, Yamaha FS1R, Sequential Pro One, Korg Wavestation A/D, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha CS-15, MFB Tanzbar, Crumar Bit-99, Emu Emax I, Casio FZ-20M, 12U of Eurorack.

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2018, 09:03:54 AM »
Does anyone know how to get to "debug mode" on the desktop version?  There are no Up and Down buttons, because there is no keyboard and no quick local transpose.  I'm having odd voice issues, I'd like to reset the calibration.  Thanks!

Found it!  Random button pushing.  LFO 1, LFO4, Global.  :)

Hmm, did all the calibrations, there is still something very odd about playing the note B2 repeatedly with patch F2 P105, Dark Organ, four notes sound "normal" and the next four are all wack as it round robbins through the voices.  Is anyone else hearing this?

I've compared mine to your sample, and all the notes are smooth and of low volume. Yours sound like if the OSC 1 Shape Mod parameter is not 0% on all notes. Most probably a miscalibration of OCS 1 on four of the voices. Have you tried calibrating it a few times ? Because on mine, it took a few to get things almost perfect.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 03:00:54 PM »
Hi roberth909-

Sorry you're having trouble with your Rev2 Module. If you haven't already, please update to the latest beta OS stickied to the top of this forum. It addresses voice calibration and could clear up your issue. If you're still having trouble after that, please contact our dedicated support channel:

support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM