Prophet 5 double notes

Prophet 5 double notes
« on: May 25, 2018, 11:00:47 PM »
Hi
My Prophet 5 rev 3.3 with Kenton midi does this: About one third of keys pressed produces two notes (voices) instead of one. The effect seems to be random, if I change programs or hit Tune etc. other keys (notes) will be affected. The problem disappears in Unison mode, but is present when the synth is played from another keyboard via midi.
I recently had it serviced and, at the same time, had a new noise generator installed (that Druid noise thing). Can that have anything to do with it? - seems unlikely, but to a technical idiot like me anything sounds plausible...
I'm desperate to get the synth in working order, can anybody help?
Regards / Tomnor

chysn

Re: Prophet 5 double notes
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 03:14:49 AM »
If it was working fine before you had it serviced, and came back from service with this issue, then it seems reasonable to think that something happened during the service that caused it. It might not directly have anything to do with the noise generator; but somebody had the thing open and was doing electronicy stuff, so that's the assumption that you have to start with.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his