Tetra as non stop glitch machine

Tetra as non stop glitch machine
« on: May 25, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »
I  bought my tetra mainly to poly chain but hoped to get something out of the combi and multi modes. I am using my mopho keys as the real time editing controller. For the combi and multi having to change the channels all the time would have sucked the life out of it. So i have instead programmed a
16 knob midi controller in 9 banks of cc's on the different channels.Each bank
has repeated controls on four different channels for each voice. Hence
in bank 1 I have the four successive knobs for the envelope amount meaning i can trigger a drone instead of playing. Mucking about with the other knobs can produce huge amounts of noisy glitchy experimental sequences that sound nothing like
what you get from the keyboard or the push button.
In general it probably sounds better than what most people get from
old circuit bent synths if you like that kind of thing.
Sam

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
Re: Tetra as non stop glitch machine
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 07:54:43 PM »
CC's are low resolution so will sound jumpy with some parameters if you are used to changing the values using the device's own knobs.  Try using NRPN's and you will get a smoother response. 

Oh hang-on, you are aiming for that, LOL! Nice one. I use a Wave Ideas Bitstream 3x with my Tetra and can assign more than one parameter per knob on it, up to 6! Really fun to set up different value ranges for the different parameters set to a dial so they don't just sweep perfectly in unison, or don't actually change a parameter until another reaches a particular point.