Request for a Knob Kit which are more beautiful

Tom

Request for a Knob Kit which are more beautiful
« on: January 27, 2016, 08:06:11 AM »
Please - I want an upgrade "Knob Kit" which are more beautiful - may be more Oberheim like, but primarily much nicer!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:26:24 AM by Tom »

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Request for a Knob Kit which are more beautiful
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 08:14:11 AM »
I agree.  Such an eminent instrument deserves a sharper look than the budget looking knobs found on the Mopho x4.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:25:03 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 10:23:16 AM »
Hi guys. I just want to point out that the knobs we are using on the OB-6 are the same as the larger, non skirted knobs Tom uses on his SEM based instruments, minus the pointer and with the addition of a dot and indicator line for the pot knobs. Thanks!
SEQUENTIAL

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 10:26:23 AM »
The knobs you use on the Prophets look much better.  But I suppose you're trying to maintain a modern Oberheim look.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:18:35 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Shaw

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 12:15:06 PM »
I wonder the last name of the "Tom" who started this post....
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Sacred Synthesis

Tom

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 01:21:47 PM »
Hi guys. I just want to point out that the knobs we are using on the OB-6 are the same as the larger, non skirted knobs Tom uses on his SEM based instruments, minus the pointer and with the addition of a dot and indicator line for the pot knobs. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply!
I will replace the knobs by my self if it is possible.
The OB-6 looks and sounds great but I think there are more other users which are feeling the same about the knobs.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 05:59:58 PM »

lt773

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 07:46:02 AM »
I actually like the look of these knobs and would like to try them in person. The problem if have with the modern Prophet knobs is the amount of variation in the production. Some of the D holes on the bottom are uncentered causing an oblong rotation. Others have slightly smaller or larger bevels on the metal part. Some have a different circular/spiral patterns etched into the top. I have bought a couple knob kits for my prophets and there are noticeable differences in production of the different batches. Also the rubber on the knobs start wearing within a year or two depending on how much they are used. I personally would prefer all metal or all high quality plastic over these half rubber ones.

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 03:44:33 AM »
Please - I want an upgrade "Knob Kit" which are more beautiful - may be more Oberheim like, but primarily much nicer!

I think the knobs look fine, so long as there's no wobble: are they metal or plastic shafts?