Pulse in extreme value

sylvain alias leo

Pulse in extreme value
« on: January 27, 2016, 05:54:04 AM »
I read that the value 0 and 99 of the pulse allow interesting modulations. Have you discovered a use for these two extremes?

sylvain alias leo

Re: Pulse in extreme value
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 05:52:48 PM »
I seek an example that deserves to call interesting. This is what is written in their manual.
P.14  This Allows Some interesting modulation possibilities .

But I do not see what it can do more than an LFO. Nobody has exploited this?
For now I'm working around  :)

I receive this from DSI:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI Sylvain,

Thank you for your inquiry, I would be happy to help answer you questions. When a square wave is set to have a pulse width of 0 or 99, there will be little to no output signal from the oscillator since it will be effectively outputting a DC signal.

For example, if you were to send a sync'd square wave LFO to modulate the pulse width of the square wave. This would cause the oscillator to pop on/off at the rate of the LFO modulation.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 06:57:44 PM »
The only thing I use the extremes of a modulated pulse width for is creating...well, extreme pulse width modulation.  If you modulate each oscillator by a separate LFO, then when one oscillator is so narrow as to be almost inaudible, the other can be audible.  I don't especially like this effect, but by setting each oscillator to a different octave, you create an interesting effect of changing octaves as one or the other oscillator goes silent for an instant.  It can make for a unique solo sound.  For this I wouldn't go to the pulse width extremes of 0 and 99, but more like 20 and 80.

sylvain alias leo

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 07:51:13 PM »
Allo Sacred Synthesis,

That's what I did and that's why I seek what is more to do.
I try to use the side of the control pulse.
I dont know...