Single protruding key on Pro 2

Single protruding key on Pro 2
« on: May 15, 2018, 07:29:52 AM »
I bought a Pro 2 a few months ago (love it to death) and just recently one key is now sitting a little bit higher than the rest of the keybed. It is still fully functional, it's just an eye-sore.

I have a careful hand, so I opened up the synth and took a look. It seems like the spring could be wound too tight and is pulling the key higher than it should be, but it was fine just a week ago so that wouldn't make much sense. I am not sure so I wanted to see if anyone here may know how to fix it.

Thanks,
-Sean

Re: Single protruding key on Pro 2
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 09:36:13 AM »
I bought a Pro 2 a few months ago (love it to death) and just recently one key is now sitting a little bit higher than the rest of the keybed. It is still fully functional, it's just an eye-sore.

I have a careful hand, so I opened up the synth and took a look. It seems like the spring could be wound too tight and is pulling the key higher than it should be, but it was fine just a week ago so that wouldn't make much sense. I am not sure so I wanted to see if anyone here may know how to fix it.

Thanks,
-Sean

It may be that the "lap" which holds the (plastic) key below the bushing is cracked or broken - you can remove the key, apply adhesive and fix - or simply call DSI Support.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

Re: Single protruding key on Pro 2
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 10:28:19 AM »
It may be that the "lap" which holds the (plastic) key below the bushing is cracked or broken - you can remove the key, apply adhesive and fix - or simply call DSI Support.

Appreciate it David, I'll give that a go tonight.