Bad Adventure with DSI Support (Solved)

Re: Bad adventure with DSI support
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 08:00:39 AM »
...comunque ho visto che girando molto lentamente funzionano normalmente quindi sarą un problema di software o non so pił cosa.
(however I saw that turning very slowly work normally so it will be a software problem or I do not know what anymore.)

Hello Antonino.

The encoders on the REV2 have a software "accelleration" feature that will skip many values when the encoders are turned quickly. It is to allow to cover a wide range of values quickly instead of turning the encoder many many times.
It is a permanent feature and cannot be disabled.
However, the encoders should go up, or down, by only one value per click when turned slowly. If they don't they're malfunctionning.

Hope this helps.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 02:15:46 PM »
I agree, but in order not to skip any value my encoders must be turned very slowly.
In the first boards only one encoder  jumped the values ​​and very rarely. for this reason I wonder what was the need to get me a swap of the boards twice if the new ones work worse?! ...

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2018, 03:44:04 PM »
Encoder response has been removed improved in the latest available BETA OS version.  The 1.1.4.4 OS version can be found at the following link:

https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,1531.0.html

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 06:13:17 PM by cbmd »
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2018, 06:08:16 PM »
Encoder response has been removed in the latest available BETA OS version.  The 1.1.4.4 OS version can be found at the following link:

https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,1531.0.html

Thanks!

So no encoders at all now?  :o ;D
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2018, 06:13:02 PM »
Ah!  my bad, meant to say improved!

Thanks for the heads up!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 06:41:09 PM »
Just finished updating and, man, what a HUGE improvement ! I've spend about 10 minutes trying my best to have one of the encoder skip a value, but I couldn't. They all work absolutely flawlessly now, FINALLY!

So I guess the culprit was probably that software acceleration feature that was maybe too sensitive, so that when an encoder was occasionally a little scratchy between two contacts, the software thought mistakenly that the encoder was turned rapidly, or something like that, and skipped a few values ?

Anyway, a big thank you ! It's like having a whole new instrument !
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2018, 09:15:25 AM »
I can not believe it!!! Now everything is super perfect !!!! I'm excited!!!! Thank you so much!!! ;D

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2018, 09:34:37 AM »
I can not believe it!!! Now everything is super perfect !!!! I'm excited!!!! Thank you so much!!! ;D
Ah good the bad adventure is turning out to be a good one  ;)
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2018, 10:17:28 AM »
how do I write (solved) in the post title?

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »
How do I write (solved) in the post title?

I've added the word "Solved."