Distorted sound / midi usage

Distorted sound / midi usage
« on: May 06, 2018, 02:35:31 PM »
When I am connected to Ableton Live 10 via USB and make any activity concerning MIDI in the DAW my P12 get a  distorted sound and I need to turn the synth off and restart it. After this it works OK for a while, but usually it "crashes" again after a little while. Very annoying to have to restart the synth every 10 minutes. The P12 is brand new.

- Anyone experience the same?

Re: Distorted sound / midi usage
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 10:20:48 PM »
Most likely a midi loop, easy to do in Live. Have you got the tracks In and Out midi set to the P12?

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:54:55 AM »
Most likely a midi loop, easy to do in Live. Have you got the tracks In and Out midi set to the P12?

Thanks for the answer! Yes, I have both in and out set to the P12. If I understand you correctly this might cause a midi loop?

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 10:22:37 PM »
Sorry missed your post.

Yes that will cause a midi look in live if you have monitoring enabled.

The way I do it it love is to have two tracks, one with the input set to the P12 and one with the output set to the P12.

So you record to the track with the input set and then drag the clip to the other track for playback.

The other way is to keep it as you have it and turn local off on the P12, this can lead to some other problems though.