Questions about mounting a P12M in a rack.

Questions about mounting a P12M in a rack.
« on: May 14, 2018, 06:31:46 PM »
I'm interested in a P12M, but I plan to mount it in a rack, however looking at the mounting kit...it's hard to understand what the angle of the plugs on the back will be once it's mounted.

Do any of you have one mounted and can share some photos of the mountings, cables, etc in the back/top?

I'm hoping to check clearances, potential openings for crap to fall into (dust, hair, beer...err...fluids.)

Also how is the "rack spacer" used?

AND (the weird question) do the P12M's still "leak thermal fluid" when rack mounted? Sometimes revisions of the components make things smaller or run cooler...maybe the need for the thermal pad has been engineered out?

Let me know please. Thanks folks.

Re: Questions about mounting a P12M in a rack.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 01:44:21 AM »
Hey mate.

I have...er had one racked up. Just sold and bought the keyboard version.

But I have some pics, it won’t let me upload from my phone for some reason so I’ll do it tonight when I’m home.

But no issues with fluid etc for me.

Ciao.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:14:34 AM »
If you can remember to do it when you get home (I tend to either get lost in family or distractions) I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 04:51:40 AM »
Here you go.....

(hadn't forgotten by the way, as I was typing this a warming came up that a new post had been made while I had this page open :)

Little hard to see, but the bottom device is the P12, you get a decent idea of the angle.   

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 04:55:51 AM »
Should prob give some perspective of the angle of the rack unit, so....

EDIT -
Looking at that again it doesn't really five a good indication, but this unit is slated.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 08:06:17 AM »
Ok thanks! So the spacer row at the top also provides some clearance for cables...and no thermal issues?

So how many Rack-U is that with the spacer? 6?

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 03:25:25 AM »
It’s 5 with the spacer.

Zero thermal issues, but as you can see there’s plenty of space around it.