Sequencer and Delay not in sync when opening a patch

Sequencer and Delay not in sync when opening a patch
« on: July 24, 2018, 03:29:09 AM »
Something weid I have for a while now but not put it here yet.

I have a patch with a gated sequencer and a delay synced to the clock.
When I open the patch the sequencer and delay are not in sync; they are slightly off. When I turn the tempo knob 1 step up or down, they are in sync again. When I save and open again, same situation.

I'll see if I can make it reproducible otherwise I'll send my patch to DSI support.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Sequencer and Delay not in sync when opening a patch
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 04:57:08 AM »
Is this a patch that you load via SysEx from a computer editor/librarian, or is it when you switch programs from the device itself?

I'm asking because I know that the SysEx for an edit buffer dump does not properly initialize a dumped program, and there are also problems with the tempo and sync functions, as I've witnessed this myself several times... it can usually be fixed by simply pressing the Stack A+B button twice, but in some cases this does not work with the BPM and sync features.

It is a known bug, because I reported it twice to DSI support, but they have not yet done a fix for this... but generally, any editor out there, that use the Edit Buffer dump for browsing programs from a librarian will have this problem... so if that's how you browse your programs (from a computer editor) then that is very much the reason probably.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 06:37:03 AM »
Is this a patch that you load via SysEx from a computer editor/librarian, or is it when you switch programs from the device itself?

I'm asking because I know that the SysEx for an edit buffer dump does not properly initialize a dumped program, and there are also problems with the tempo and sync functions, as I've witnessed this myself several times... it can usually be fixed by simply pressing the Stack A+B button twice, but in some cases this does not work with the BPM and sync features.

It is a known bug, because I reported it twice to DSI support, but they have not yet done a fix for this... but generally, any editor out there, that use the Edit Buffer dump for browsing programs from a librarian will have this problem... so if that's how you browse your programs (from a computer editor) then that is very much the reason probably.

On the REV itself. Man I've never seen so many software problems in a hardware device. I've been a hardware device programmer and a business software programmer. Device software has the name of being very robust and bug free but this is ridiculous. I'm glad I don't have to make money with this synth.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 07:57:08 AM »
I'll suggest that you write about it to DSI support... they always want you to write to support with bug reports, even if they can read all about them here on the forums, so I've started writing them first when I encounter something that looks like a bug, and then in here as well... There has allways been bugs with new DSI synths... it happens with most manufacturers really... as long as they acknowledge the bugs, and fix them when they know about them I'm fine... unfortunately this is just not always the case with DSI so all you can do is write support, and cross your fingers it'll happen...
If you need me, follow the shadows...