Issues with SoundEditor Software

Issues with SoundEditor Software
« on: May 10, 2018, 08:02:20 AM »
Hey guys. Maybe you can help me...

I just downloaded the standalone SoundEditor demo.
Started my Cubase, Soundeditor got connected with the Rev2 and monitoring was enabled to hear a sound.
The Soundeditor software recognized the Rev2, as my custom presets were named correctly.
I was playing a note and started tweaking the knobs in the software, but no changes happened.
Then I pressed the sequencer button. And a sequence started. So there was definately a connection...

But hell... almost nothing is happening when I try to tweak the settings.
For example: I try to change the bpm in the software, but nothing happens on the synth. But the software has a Midi connection to the synth.
Itīs so damn frustrating.
Itīs kinda like there is an "edit protection". With editing the sequencer itīs the same.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:14:36 AM by Wurzelbert »

Re: Issues with SoundEditor Software
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 08:12:57 AM »
The demo mode only offers one-way communication (synth to PC).  The full version does work both ways, though.  It would be really good if they actually indicated the limitations of the demo versions!

Richard
DSI: P12M, Rev2-16.  Roland: JV-2080, JX-03, JU-06, JP-08, TR-08, TR-09, Moog Subsequent 37, Alesis QSR, E-Mu Proteus 2000, Novation Mininova, Yamaha Reface DX, Marshall JMP-1, Boss GX-700, Oberheim GM 400, mostly Yamaha guitars apart from a Fender Telecaster.  Oh, and lots of cables.

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 08:17:29 AM »
Erm... thank you. Crap.

This is not a good way to test a software, when there are essential functions limited like that.
Impossible saving, auto- reset after 5mins and stuff like that is totally fine, but limited i/o?...

Nevertheless I am going to buy it, though.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 07:48:04 AM »

Nevertheless I am going to buy it, though.

Let me know how you make out with it.  Sometime this year, I'll be buying my first DSI synth (either a P12 or PRev2 module), and will get the Soundtower  software..