Eventide H90

Shaw

Eventide H90
« on: November 10, 2022, 04:59:45 AM »
No doubt most of you guys have already seen this, but here it is anyway.  Eventide H90 — essentially 2 H9s in the same box with lots of improvements.

I recently relocated to Thailand and have been rebuilding my studio.  I left an H9000 size whole in my rack (that’s what I used before), but honestly, I don’t need that much power or that many channels.  I may grab a pair of these (one for my guitar chain, and one as an effect insert for my DAW) and place them on a rack shelf in that space. 
But talk about adding new life to your old synth!!!  These things are powerful!

"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Eventide H90
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 07:48:11 AM »
Yikes!  900 buckaroos.

Shaw

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 08:14:31 AM »
Yikes!  900 buckaroos.

A pretty penny for sure, but is there a competing product on the market that approaches what this can do?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 08:30:20 AM »
Yikes!  900 buckaroos.

A pretty penny for sure, but is there a competing product on the market that approaches what this can do?

The Line 6 Helix or Boss GT-1000 comes to mind.

But considering that a single Eventide H9 is ~$500 and this is two of them with a superior knob interface, it's not too bad of a deal... particularly considering MSRP of the Helix or GT-1000.

One consideration for me is that I have almost all Eventide FX in plugin form, and for most of them I paid maybe $29 on sale.   I do use the SP2016 reverb plugin all the time... it's so transparent and beautiful sounding that the idea of having that on a pedal that can have another effect feeding into it is an attractive proposition.

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Shaw

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 08:54:20 AM »
Yikes!  900 buckaroos.

The Line 6 Helix or Boss GT-1000 comes to mind.

But considering that a single Eventide H9 is ~$500 and this is two of them with a superior knob interface, it's not too bad of a deal... particularly considering MSRP of the Helix or GT-1000.

One consideration for me is that I have almost all Eventide FX in plugin form, and for most of them I paid maybe $29 on sale.   I do use the SP2016 reverb plugin all the time... it's so transparent and beautiful sounding that the idea of having that on a pedal that can have another effect feeding into it is an attractive proposition.

Kinda hard to compare the Helix or GT-1000 to the new H90.  They are just different machines.  The Helix and GT-1000 are both very guitar centric with amp / cab sims being their primary focus.  The H90 obviously has none of that as Eventide focuses on effects... and arguably, the Helix and GT-1000 can't approach the H90 in the effects department.

I thought of Strymon, but you could buy Strymon's top three pedals, spend more and have less.

Eventide has hit the mark on this one IMHO.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 08:58:40 AM by Shaw »

jg666

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 12:23:31 PM »
At Andertons the H90 is on pre-order at £999 and the H9 Max is £649. I will wait to see a few reviews and also to see if the H9 Max drops in price after this is released.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

jg666

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 12:04:51 PM »
Loopop has a review and comparison video...

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6