Note/Volume Dropout

Note/Volume Dropout
« on: May 06, 2018, 09:03:11 PM »
Hi all!  So, I've had my Rev 2 for a couple of months now (bought it used from a trusted source).  I haven't had much time to play with it, but I noticed tonight that I'm getting volume dropout every so many notes.  I tried it with an init patch, and if I just run through a scale or even play the same note repeatedly (same velocity), every so many notes, it gets quiet.  I'm pretty new to the analog world, so is this normal or do I have something wrong?  I just updated the firmware and I'm running the calibration now.  If that doesn't fix it, I'm not sure what to try next.

Calibration just finished, same issue.  If I turn it off/on, init patch, I noticed that the volume drops after 8 keypresses, for 4 notes (so, keypresses 9, 10, 11, and 12), and then it returns to normal.  Would this indicate some problem with those 4 voices?

Any ideas?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:11:01 PM by davisjj »

panic

Re: Note/Volume Dropout
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 05:05:05 AM »
two questions:
- is it an 8-voice or a 16-voice version?
- is the volume lower on keypress 9-12, or is there no sound at all?

If "8-voice" and "no sound", check your polychain settings. If 16-voice: sounds like a problem with your unit.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 06:11:46 AM »
Try this:
Use the Main/A Output (left & right)
Mono/Stereo: Stereo (Global Menu)
MultiMode: off (Global Menu)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:01:32 AM by neeco »

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 10:35:58 AM »
If none of that works, try re-calibrating a second time. Make sure you unplug all cables except the power. I know it doesn't say that in the manual but I stumbled upon that info when I calibrated mine and it froze during the process. So I unplugged the cables and ran the calibration again and it worked like a charm. Worth a shot...
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »
If this is happening on the first/last 6 or 7 values of the shape of the pulse (& somewhat less on the triangle), then according to DSI this is natural.