How to clear a poly sequence on the Rev2?

How to clear a poly sequence on the Rev2?
« on: April 30, 2018, 05:46:05 PM »
I'm not seeing this in the manual: if I have a poly sequence programmed, but want to clear it out to start afresh, how do I do that?

Thanks!

Re: How to clear a poly sequence on the Rev2?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 05:56:56 PM »
Uh, you record a new one ?
 ;D
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 06:04:23 PM »
Uh, you record a new one ?
 ;D

OK! I confess to finding the sequencer a bit confusing :-) If there is a sequence already programmed, and I start recording a new one, none of the old steps on any of the six tracks are retained?

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 11:02:35 PM »
As I understand it, the polysequencer is able to record up to 64 steps, of a maximum of 6 notes each (chords of 6 notes). I don't think we have access to those individual notes (not like a 6 separate track sequencer). And as soon as you press the record button, and play notes, you erase all previously recorded data.

I might be wrong, but I don't think so.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

jg666

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 12:33:35 AM »
I believe that's the way it's supposed to work but I'm sure I've tried that successfully on some patches but on other patches I can still hear the notes that were there originally as well as the ones I've recorded.
I'm going to have to have a long session using the sequencer though as I've hardly used it yet and can't remember which firmware version I was on when I had the problems.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 08:10:36 AM »
I believe that's the way it's supposed to work but I'm sure I've tried that successfully on some patches but on other patches I can still hear the notes that were there originally as well as the ones I've recorded.
I'm going to have to have a long session using the sequencer though as I've hardly used it yet and can't remember which firmware version I was on when I had the problems.
I already experienced that on stacked patch, when you change patch A sequence and still hear patch B sequence.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 09:38:11 AM »
Of course, in stack mode you do have 2 separate sequences, one for each layer. And unless you press and hold the Edit Layer B button until it flashes (to edit both layers at once), you can erase/record the one on each layer individually depending on which layer you are editing.

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 03:51:35 AM »

You are able to access every step's individual track note (6 tracks) by using the "Track" encoder in the sequencer section alongside the Parameter and Value encoders. Not sure if you figured this out by now but I was having the same problem, if you hear the note you have to go to the track's individual step and turn the note off or set it to a rest. I believe when you begin recording a new sequence it turns the unused notes from the original sequence into rests.

Just in case anyone else on the internet is Googling this.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 01:31:23 AM »

You are able to access every step's individual track note (6 tracks) by using the "Track" encoder in the sequencer section alongside the Parameter and Value encoders. Not sure if you figured this out by now but I was having the same problem, if you hear the note you have to go to the track's individual step and turn the note off or set it to a rest. I believe when you begin recording a new sequence it turns the unused notes from the original sequence into rests.

Just in case anyone else on the internet is Googling this.

Thank you.  I was.