Sequencer with Chords Progression Question

Sequencer with Chords Progression Question
« on: April 18, 2018, 07:34:37 PM »
I've read the manual and tried this a few times and can't figure out what I should be doing.  I'd like to record a chord progression onto the sequencer.  Here's the order I'm pressing buttons:

• Record
  • Press the first chord
  • Hold the chord while pressing Destination/tie to make it longer
  • Let go of the first chord
  • Press the second chord
  • Hold the chord while pressing Destination/tie
  • Let go of the second chord
  • Press the Record to stop

Upon playing it back, I only hear the first chord, then a rest for the space the second chord should be in.  What am I doing wrong?

janekroll

• Minimalist
Re: Sequencer with Chords Progression Question
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 01:16:46 AM »
I've read the manual and tried this a few times and can't figure out what I should be doing.  I'd like to record a chord progression onto the sequencer.  Here's the order I'm pressing buttons:

• Record
  • Press the first chord
  • Hold the chord while pressing Destination/tie to make it longer
  • Let go of the first chord
  • Press the second chord
  • Hold the chord while pressing Destination/tie
  • Let go of the second chord
  • Press the Record to stop

Upon playing it back, I only hear the first chord, then a rest for the space the second chord should be in.  What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure, but at least you don't need to hold down the chord. Just press the chord down on the first step, release, and press the tie button for as long as you want it to last. Maybe that helps?

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 04:45:42 AM »
Had the same problem when I first got the rev2. I came from the P6 where you held the chord, as you stated above. The Rev2 chord function works if you just tap the chord and let go then use the tie function. Not sure why it's not like the P6? Hope this helps.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 05:56:30 AM »
Thanks guys.  That was it.  Tap the chord, let go, add ties, then do the next chord.  That works great.  Thanks again.