Arpeggiator question

Arpeggiator question
« on: January 24, 2016, 03:09:39 PM »
Hi all,

I've been a happy prophet 08 owner for a couple of years no. But I found out the arpeggiator function doesn't behave like it should (or like I would like it to behave). This has nothing to do with the pedal latch functions (which I don't like to use at all). Or a beatsync function which this great machine lacks (I use both the sequencer and arpeggiator live without any syncing after a lot of hours practicing, so i'm used to that) but with the order of the notes.

I found out that the octave up mode doesn't behave like it does on a sub37 or the prophet 6 or on the Juno 60. I was trying to make the arpeggiator play like on Nils Frahms' - Says. He plays something like C0 G1 Eb2 .. this with an octave up would be C0 G1 Eb2 ( so it first plays the whole section of notes ) and then C1 G2 Eb3. Which creates this 6th feel arp and with the key amout set right the C's will sound more bassy than the others.
The prophet08 (or my prophet 08) plays C0 C1 G1 Eb2 G2 Eb3 .. so it plays the selection of notes from low to high. Is this how the arp is programmed or is there  a way to change it to this other desired setting.

I change the os to the 2.6.1 version and the voice to 1.6 but that didn't work. (some presets didn't behave like they should so i put that back to voice 1.5; whats the difference by the way?

I made a video how it behaves in comparison to the sub37;  https://copy.com/1Bgo11Iu9ONAdHUM

Could you guys check if yours work the same or do they do something different?

Thanks a lot.

aeonn

Re: Arpeggiator question
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 04:14:22 PM »
While I agree that a beat sync function for the arpeggiator would be very welcome, it is possible to get close to what Nils Frahm plays.
I successfully created a patch mimicking the arpeggios of Says on my Prophet Rev2. I would be happy to let you know how to achieve that on your synth ;)