Midi issue (midi loop)

Midi issue (midi loop)
« on: April 18, 2018, 11:21:16 AM »
Hello,
i got my P12 one week ago and i have some questions about the MIDI.
I would like to use the P12 keyboard as my main keyboard to control others machine through my soundcard.
The idea is to disable the direct link with the synth and only play the synth when i chose the right midi channel on my DAW.
Is that possible? An how can i get it works?
I made some tests and the P12 make high frequencies noise when i play the keyboard with the midi out of my soundcard.
After a research on the net i found its due to MIDI loops. I followed some tutorials but i cant figure out how to solve this issue.
My soundcard don't have any options to disable MIDI through and have only 2 midi in and 2 midi out.
Any hints welcome!

P.S. I didn't want to write a new topic for that but i have one last question:
       Why there is not a SINE wave on the LFO???

Thank you in advance and keep diggin!

Re: Midi issue (midi loop)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 10:39:50 AM »
Are you sure the high pitched noise if because of that? Are you connected via USB or MIDI DIN? Via USB you could get a high pitched whine because of grounding issues with the PC (my experience).

You can achieve a sin wave by using the triangle and increasing the Slew

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 05:51:18 AM »
I found a solution.
Only MIDI IN and OUT connected and i had to disable MIDI Param receive.
I found the DAW changed the Osc 1 Frequence to C10 when playing note on the MIDI channel of the P12.

SP

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 12:27:45 AM »
So glad I finally signed up for the forums and found this post! I was having the EXACT same issue. Such a simple fix that I overlooked it. Thank you!