Filter Routing Knob Value

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
Filter Routing Knob Value
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:31:12 PM »
Is it just me, or can you not set the Filter Routing knob to a specific value? Say, where 0 - 127 would be 100 for example? As far as I can see, no value changes on screen when setting the mix between serial and Parallel.

Kind regards
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

ARNK

• Returning to Zero
Re: Filter Routing Knob Value
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 10:53:31 AM »
Is it just me, or can you not set the Filter Routing knob to a specific value? Say, where 0 - 127 would be 100 for example? As far as I can see, no value changes on screen when setting the mix between serial and Parallel.

Kind regards

Sorry, I'm beginning to think my question is too simple to warrant a response.  :o ;) :-[
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 11:40:40 AM »
Both filters need to be enabled, are you doing that?

ARNK

• Returning to Zero
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 07:58:56 PM »
Both filters need to be enabled, are you doing that?
Yea, but ... I guess what I meant was ... for example when you twist any other knob (say the "Envelope Amount"), the display screen shows a real time value of somewhere between -127 and 127.

Whether just Filter 1, Filter 2 or both filters are enabled, you don't see a specific value when twisting the "Filter Routing" knob. Only the white lines fading in or out in order to give a visual on filter routing.

The reason is, I enjoy going through each patch and making notes about them as I learn to build patches from scratch.

I'm not saying it's an oversight at all, or how any of it should work. But if I want to replicate an existing patch I'd rather have a numeric value as opposed to lines of varying shades and tint if you catch my drift. Just easier make notes that way.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:01:57 PM by ARNK »

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 12:20:43 AM »
Ah, I get you now.

If you really need the number it will be being sent out over midi, you could use some midi monitoring software to have a look.

ARNK

• Returning to Zero
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »
Ah, I get you now.

If you really need the number it will be being sent out over midi, you could use some midi monitoring software to have a look.

Ah, okay cool. Will check into it. Thank you!

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »
The other way I guess is to write down the knob as if it was a time, like 12 aclock, 3 a clock etc.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 03:52:31 AM »
To see some text/figures on top of the white lines fading, I suggest you download my Pro2 editor at http://ctrlr.org/dsi-pro2-editor-and-librarian/
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 05:54:58 AM »
Hi,
I'm very interested by tour software but it seems that we can't access to your link in order to download the software.
Is there any problem ?
Thank you

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 07:33:01 AM »
Hi,
I'm very interested by tour software but it seems that we can't access to your link in order to download the software.
Is there any problem ?
Thank you

Well, I just tried all links and they are working. Can you please retry?
You click on the link below to get to the panel page with explanations
On that page you click on the link to download the panel from a drive
In the zip file you will have a pdf giving you installation instructions
To make it working you need to download the Ctrlr platform (5.3.201 version for Windows)

If issues, please contact me by PM so we fix this together  8)
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

ARNK

• Returning to Zero
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 07:04:02 PM »
To see some text/figures on top of the white lines fading, I suggest you download my Pro2 editor at http://ctrlr.org/dsi-pro2-editor-and-librarian/

Cool, are you SoundTower? If so, I've already got it & yes does the trick. Thanks.