Can anyone explain how the new Global L/R Balance parameter works?

I am using the 8voice Rev. Love the beast, but having trouble understanding the balance parameter. On a separate note i  would love if there was a way that the lower bass voices are L and the higher voices R, almost like a piano (fixed) This would make it so much easier for mixing etc.

dslsynth

Re: Can anyone explain how the new Global L/R Balance parameter works?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 12:00:28 PM »
Do take a look at modulation routings including key number and DC modulation sources and the panning parameters including its modulation destination. It may sound hard to understand at first but take your time with the manual and everything will be clear eventually.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 01:56:30 PM »
It may sound hard to understand at first but take your time with the manual and everything will be clear eventually.

Yeah i gave it a decent read once, and will again. Is there any literature out there on the Global L/R Balance parameter?

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 07:32:15 PM »
As I understand it, it is an offset value to the overall panning of the whole synth (left or right), to correct some panning bias discrepancy from one unit to the next from the factory. 
I might be wrong.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 07:49:58 AM »
As I understand it, it is an offset value to the overall panning of the whole synth (left or right), to correct some panning bias discrepancy from one unit to the next from the factory. 
I might be wrong.

Ok, so it might be that some synths panning can be different from the next guys? The reason i am asking is because i struggle to hear the difference it makes, maybe if i use some imaging software i might understand it?

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 10:39:32 AM »
If you connect the REV2's left and right output and use it in stereo, you should definitely hear what it does. It acts like a "balance" knob from sound systems, or "pan" knob from mixers, offsetting the audio either to the right or left by the amount selected under that parameter.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340