Prophet 12 Replacement Knobs?

Prophet 12 Replacement Knobs?
« on: April 05, 2018, 05:48:33 PM »
Hello, where can I buy a Prophet 12 replacement knob?  I only need one.  Are they the same as the Prophet 08 knobs?

Re: Prophet 12 Replacement Knobs?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 11:33:37 PM »
Email DSI support and they will send you one. They are really good when it comes to this sort of thing.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 12:23:22 AM »
Looking and the P12 on reverb?

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 09:55:44 AM »
Email DSI support and they will send you one. They are really good when it comes to this sort of thing.
I bought it used, will they still do this?

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 11:43:00 AM »
Yes.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 02:24:37 PM »
Yes.
Wow, incredible! I already got an email back and they're going to send me one!

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 05:31:44 PM »
I have to say it's little gestures like that, that really raise DSI above the rest IMO.

It adds to the enjoyment of owning one of their wonderful synths and it's great to see.

Silly as it may sound, one of the deciding factors in my choosing a REV2 over a Deepmind 12 was DSI announcing v1.4.2.3 OS update for my beloved Prophet 12.

It's not that I was desperate for it or anything like that, it was just that it was indicative of how they support their synths and customers.

[/size][size=78%]The Prophet 12 had been out for FOUR YEARS when that OS update came out and DSI were still actively supporting and improving on it - brilliant! :)[/size]

Genuinely a breath of fresh air in an era when many other makers abandon products after barely 12 months (yes Roland I'm looking at you).

Like I say, DSI class act!

Replacing a knob is a seemingly simple gesture, but it's a gesture that means a lot and that others manufacturers simply wouldn't do.

Well done DSI.

That's why I own two of their synths (though of course it helps that they sound great too)! :)

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 11:58:10 PM »
DSI are the best I have ever dealt with for this sort of thing. I have posted on this forum before about when I blew up my P2 and P12, totally my fault and DSI mended them for an absolute minimal cost and posted the boards back for free. Absolutely fantastic service.

Gibson used to be really good as well, I have had loads of bits replaced for free. Now they don't seem to work this way though :(

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 11:01:12 AM »
Just got my knob delivered today!  Thanks Dave Smith Instruments!