Anyone else feeling a bit let down by latest firmware update ?

Sleep of Reason

Re: Anyone else feeling a bit let down by latest firmware update ?
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 12:21:01 PM »
DSI doesn't do their homework!

Here my little list of annoying flaws:
No category or catalogue function of patches. There are thousands. Ridiculous that there is no category function.

Senseless function of hold button as a simple sustain on/off switch. Also ridiculous, because you can't use this in playing. Don't know what they thought about that.

While I don't want this to break out in another non-constructive argument, I'm glad people are continuing to speak up with constructive suggestions as consumers are certainly not wrong for expecting certain standard features in high end gear. Admittedly though a next gen Evolver would be welcome by many, there should be more emphasis on refining current products than releasing a new synth every year. Either that or perhaps it's time to start expanding the team to cover both bases given the expanding product line-up. DSI seem to be in high demand these days, which is a good thing. That said, there are also a ton of other options these days, thus the bar is higher than ever. I still have hope that DSI will remain the gold standard and address these things through updates with time. The companies that maintain this kind of commitment always gain the biggest admiration from consumers and that's just about everything in this current climate.   
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:37:13 PM by Sleep of Reason »

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Anyone else feeling a bit let down by latest firmware update ?
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 12:47:14 PM »
Make your case, because one thing is certain: there will be future Rev2 updates, or at least one.  Let the guys at DSI know your thoughts, because it could produce real results.