Prophet 08 glitching out after Soundtower?

Prophet 08 glitching out after Soundtower?
« on: January 23, 2016, 03:47:55 PM »
so i bought the Soundtower editor (against my good judgement given all the talk ive seen about its stability) so I could organize some of my presets. Thinking it would be nice to just start from scratch, I did the New Bank function in the librarian and uploaded to both banks A and B on the Prophet. during this there was an error that sadly i now forgot, but it seemed to proceed fine after that and finished the upload. I reset everything and then went to go make a new patch, but the sound is terribly distorted now and all the knobs on the Prophet do random things. LCD now flashes between random values when most knobs are turned.

I did the global reset and calibration, as well as attempted to load the factory sounds via Soundtower, but it didn't seem to help. Restarted everything, checked connections, tried with different controllers, nothing. is it bricked?

Re: Prophet 08 glitching out after Soundtower?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 05:18:54 PM »
Hi ganzfeld!

Sorry to hear of your problems - P12 user WytchCrypt had a weird problem after using the P12 Soundtower editor that he discusses in the thread below, but his symptoms were cured after a "Reset Globals" command. Sorry that didn't work for you with your P8, but it's probably worth trying again just in case.

http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,158.msg1385.html#msg1385

I'm getting the impression that these editors can occasionally do more harm than good :o

Martin