Note Retrigger for Filter Envelope

Note Retrigger for Filter Envelope
« on: March 26, 2018, 12:14:33 AM »
Hey all,

Is there a way to turn off note retrigger for the filter envelope when playing legato?
I just want to be able to hold a chord with a long attack in my left hand and play notes with my right hand that start with the filter at the sustain value rather than moving through the whole attack phase.

I know I could accomplish a similar effect by splitting layers on the keyboard, but envelope reset settings can come in handy in a lot of ways and I don't see anything in the manual about it...

Re: Note Retrigger for Filter Envelope
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 03:57:08 AM »
Page 54, I can read this... but I would apparently work only in mono ?

Key Modes and Unison Mode
Key Mode (sometimes called note priority) determines what note has priority when more than one note is played on the keyboard or via MIDI. This is particularly important when using Unison Mode:
• Low-Note Priority is most common in vintage synths and is often used for playing trills by holding a note and repeatedly tapping a lower note.
• Low Retrigger causes the envelopes to be retriggered with each keystroke.
• High Note and High Retrigger are similar to the low note settings, except that the highest note is given priority.
• Last Note and Last Retrigger give priority to the last note played.

panic

Re: Note Retrigger for Filter Envelope
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 07:39:07 AM »
Hello,

no, you don't have such functionality on the prophet. Env1, 2 and 3* are always triggered together (and thus, the keymodes only make sense in unison). As you said, using split can be a solution. But something I like to do is using velocity to inversely modulate the attack time, playing the chords softly with my left for slow attack, and the right hand notes fast for short attack. You could also test if using keyamount to modulate the attack could help you, but finding the right balance there might be tricky.
* unless env 3 is in repeat mode of course
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:41:20 AM by panic »