Change sounds - on the fly

joesh

Change sounds - on the fly
« on: March 20, 2018, 09:47:54 AM »
Hi, I'd be interested to know how (or what is the best way) to change sounds on the fly. By this I mean either within a piece, or even quickly when you move to the next song (or track).

On my old PolyEvolver you could set up the patches and just click through them. On the Rev2, is the only method to save them in an order U1 P1, U1 P2 and so on, or is there a better method?

Thanks in advance - Joe

p.s. If someone has a good tip for how they save (and group) their patches I'd be most interested. The only way I can think of is to manually re-save (write) all the patches U1 P1 > U3 P67, U3 P99 > U2 P5, etc. Certainly very laborious!

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Change sounds - on the fly
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:55:10 AM »
I'm still using the Prophet '08, but the situations are similar.  I group patches by tens and according to sound categories.  For example, 20-29 will be strings, 30-39 brass, 40-41 leads, and so on.  I dedicate program slots 1-19 to a random assortment of programs as needed, according to what I'm playing or recording.  Hence, those first programs are constantly being changed or re-arranged.  That way, I can put unrelated patches next to each other and quickly scroll from one to the next, as the music requires. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:47:04 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

joesh

Re: Change sounds - on the fly
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 06:00:50 AM »
Thanks, that looks interesting, I'll have a go at your idea.

By the way, nice YT channel, I had a quick look.