List of Current Major Bugs?

RobH

Re: List of Current Major Bugs?
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2018, 09:37:28 PM »
Muleskinner do I detect a fellow Yorkshireman “better than nowt” xD

Haha no, but my wife grew up there (though she's actually Welsh) and I have family there. Fantastic part of the world though!

I've just watched too much Coronation Street in my life!

Lmao never heard a non Englishman use that phrase! Damn right you’ve watched too much Corrie!!! Gail would be proud xd

I am English - just not from Yorkshire! I'm a Londoner, though currently residing near Bath (where I intend to stay)!
ah that explains it then lol!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 12:29:00 AM »
maybe not a 'bug', but a few of my digital waveforms/samples are either silent, or glitched out and cut short.
many of them have a horrible buzz about them also. ailiasing or whatever the problem.
like playing a file that's the wrong sample rate for the decoder or whatever.

every time i think about selling Mr T, i sit down and write a beat...
so many things that shit me up the wall about the Tempest. but it's so quick and easy for me to come up with basic ideas, and well... i think it's always gonna be a love/hate relationship. If i can ever afford it, i'll probably try to replace it with the newest JoMox Alpha Base. The thing that really pushes me over the edge is the amount of time required to shape decent tight envelope shapes. They're pretty shit envelopes in their default state, always need to fuck around and use multi mod slots... it's a real waste of time.

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 07:49:00 AM »
I’ve tried the Alpha Base at Superbooth and the sound is huge!Though there are issues with the OS as i heard..Next to Jomox was ACL’s booth and i’ve tried their Modular stuff...Well...After that everything was sounding tin cans for me..IMHO ACL was MVP company of Superbooth 2018!!!I’ve recorded a video of me and that nice guy (Stephan Lewin) messing around with a beat..Check it out:
https://youtu.be/_nKDNv2I_uE

I’ve made up my mind i’m going modular :P
maybe not a 'bug', but a few of my digital waveforms/samples are either silent, or glitched out and cut short.
many of them have a horrible buzz about them also. ailiasing or whatever the problem.
like playing a file that's the wrong sample rate for the decoder or whatever.

every time i think about selling Mr T, i sit down and write a beat...
so many things that shit me up the wall about the Tempest. but it's so quick and easy for me to come up with basic ideas, and well... i think it's always gonna be a love/hate relationship. If i can ever afford it, i'll probably try to replace it with the newest JoMox Alpha Base. The thing that really pushes me over the edge is the amount of time required to shape decent tight envelope shapes. They're pretty shit envelopes in their default state, always need to fuck around and use multi mod slots... it's a real waste of time.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:40:12 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

RobH

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 09:02:29 AM »

Modular is amazing. Expensive, convoluted, time wasting, yet free and unique, a learning experience mostly its fulfilling once you've found modules you gel with and like the (i won't say sound) response of!

I've not heard and ACL modular, however i will reccomend Make Noise (especially their low pass gates LxD is a cheap small but fucking incredible sounding module, especially for percussion i emplore you to grab it), you'll want a Make Noise Maths because its lets you do so many things from envelope genration and groove creation to offsets ands crazy LFO's even can be some unqiue oscillators, very amazing module and is as great as folks say it is. Cwejman modules are also incredible, they are expensive and hard to find but they are worth the little extra expense and effort finding them or getting names on lists.

If you have any questions let me know Yorgoz! Also if your just starting out Doepfer cases are reasonable price, decent power supply (very important don't overlook this and don't get a Uzeus or any power supply that uses Ribbon cables over busboards for power distribution it adds crosstalk and noise your not going to like). Doepfer  modules are really great prices too, so don't be fooled by more expensive utiility modules that Doepfer sell at half the price!!!

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 09:13:50 AM »
Thanks man really appreciate it!Ye i have a friend from Vienna who owns modular stuff and he said the exact same thing about Doepfer cases..We now have a lot of things to talk about :P

Modular is amazing. Expensive, convoluted, time wasting, yet free and unique, a learning experience mostly its fulfilling once you've found modules you gel with and like the (i won't say sound) response of!

I've not heard and ACL modular, however i will reccomend Make Noise (especially their low pass gates LxD is a cheap small but fucking incredible sounding module, especially for percussion i emplore you to grab it), you'll want a Make Noise Maths because its lets you do so many things from envelope genration and groove creation to offsets ands crazy LFO's even can be some unqiue oscillators, very amazing module and is as great as folks say it is. Cwejman modules are also incredible, they are expensive and hard to find but they are worth the little extra expense and effort finding them or getting names on lists.

If you have any questions let me know Yorgoz! Also if your just starting out Doepfer cases are reasonable price, decent power supply (very important don't overlook this and don't get a Uzeus or any power supply that uses Ribbon cables over busboards for power distribution it adds crosstalk and noise your not going to like). Doepfer  modules are really great prices too, so don't be fooled by more expensive utiility modules that Doepfer sell at half the price!!!

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2019, 12:20:53 AM »
Do anyone else but me experience a freeze when trying to live record play lists with 16 beats activated?
Yes.. the new 1.5.02 os wont let me record into the playlist. Everything works until I go to the second beat and the machine freezes. Doesnt matter the set, with nothing clocked. Tried reset everything and reinstall firmware, still cant play into the setlist live at all. I rolled back to an older os and works fine. Sadly I only kept 1.4.4b, so i cant comment on others. I am now looking for a newer firmware but not 1.5.0.2. Ive swapped firmwares twice now and same results. 1.4 records into playlist, 1.5 does not. Mention of this bug on page 50 of the bug thread for 1.5.02 os. This feature being broken and not intended to be fixed, pushes me very close to liquidating the tempest. Give me something that works and update it to break... hmmm
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 12:27:43 AM by Shanesplanet »