Preparing a new OS ?

Preparing a new OS ?
« on: March 09, 2018, 09:39:38 AM »
Just wondering if anyone knows if DSI are currently working on a firmware update ? There are some annoying bugs left to quash in the current version. And a few additions would really be needed. Like the one about requesting some sort of confirmation before losing a new created patch when accidentally touching the Program or Bank knobs, resulting in loss of hours of work. Or a way to recall our work from a temporary buffer.
It's been quite a while since the last update, and I fear that the current one might be the last (1.1.0.3) despite all the requests and complaints about it.

I hope I'm wrong...
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Re: Preparing a new OS ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 11:09:17 AM »
Usually, the last stage of a product's OS maintenance cycle begins roughly three years after its initial release. So there's no reason to start worrying about whether there will ever be another Rev2 update again.

Re: Preparing a new OS ?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 11:14:45 AM »
You can rest assured that there will be further OS updates to the Rev2 to fix known bugs, etc. Bear in mind that version 1.1.0.3 was release at the very end of January--that's not very long ago.

When new beta versions are stable and potential release candidates, they are first made available to the public in BETA state here on the forum.

As a general rule though, we do not comment publicly on what aspects of the OS we are working on when we do maintenance, or provide specifics on when releases can be expected. When new versions are available, corrections and additions are marked in the changelog in the dedicated OS updates thread.
SEQUENTIAL