How to tune to 432hz on P8 module?

How to tune to 432hz on P8 module?
« on: January 22, 2016, 04:04:40 PM »
Hi guys ,

Ive been in a phase of making music at 432hz within my daw, I'd like to integrate the p8 module into my daw based music that is detuned to about 432hz.

Could anybody explain how I can tune the hardware synth to 432hz? How many cents would it be and is there a master tuner where It will keep it at a default 432hz setting when I synthesize different sounds? I ask this specifically because I think with the two different oscillator knobs I can also change the pitch range of the sound, so I dont really know the best way to get the overall sound to 432hz on the hardware module.

Appreciate any feedback!

Re: How to tune to 432hz on P8 module?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 10:13:07 AM »
I may not be addressing what you are after correctly.....but it's easy.   I'd probably just use an oscilloscope with a frequency counter on it, or even a tuner with frequency readout.   They are available for free as downloads.   Adjust your pitch to it and save as a preset patch.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »
I may not be addressing what you are after correctly.....but it's easy.   I'd probably just use an oscilloscope with a frequency counter on it, or even a tuner with frequency readout.   They are available for free as downloads.   Adjust your pitch to it and save as a preset patch.

Yep, that's exactly what I'd do as well. Many DAWs include tuner plug-ins/functions as well.

Martin

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 04:24:55 PM »
thanks guys. Ill do that!  ;)