WHAT SOFTCASE FOR REV2 ??

WHAT SOFTCASE FOR REV2 ??
« on: March 04, 2018, 02:28:04 AM »
Hi peepz

What's the best softcase for REV2 ?

it's a shame that Dave smith dont do a Softcase for the REV2 ...any idea ? i need to cary it on my back for travelling with my Scooter

thanks

Re: WHAT SOFTCASE FOR REV2 ??
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 05:59:15 AM »
Since it’s about the same size as the Prophet 08, I suppose that a soft case for it would probably fit ?
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

rb415

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 12:33:56 AM »
Gator GKB-49 (despite the name...) works perfectly, as if it was made to measure. Good thick padding and nice and cheap. But it doesn't have any shoulder straps, so you'd have to rig up something for the scooter.

buchlabum

• west coast synthesis please...
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 01:15:56 PM »
Assuming you mean the desktop module, it will fit in the soft case for the OB-6/Prophet6 but since it's not as deep as those two, you may want a small towel or piece of foam to make it snug.  The width is the same as the OB-6 (and I assume P6), as is the depth.  But the Rev2 is a thinner module than the OB-6. 

I tried putting my Rev2 in the OB-6 case, fit perfectly, but not as "thick" as the OB-6. 

As for the keyboard version...I don't have one...so no idea here.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 07:47:55 PM »
Hey, first post but I thought I’d chime in here as I stumbled on this thread before purchasing a Gator G-PG-49 for my rev2 that fits perfectly and is surprisingly sturdy. Plus it has removable backpack straps and a shoulder strap. Might be better ones out there, but this is spot on for me.