Master MIDI Clock: does it send MIDI Start/Stop too?

Master MIDI Clock: does it send MIDI Start/Stop too?
« on: March 03, 2018, 05:28:35 PM »
I have a weird issue. 

I'd like to use my REV2 as a master clock, sending MIDI clock to all my devices via my MOTU MIDI Express XT (parallel version) which is set to Live Keyboards (transmits to all except it's own port, so there's no loops, etc.).  Each device is matched to the In and Out port, so no loops (it'll never receive what it sends).

The problem is that my MidiARP (standalone arp) just freaks out when set to MIDI Clock "external" and when I press a chord on my Yamaha CP (both on MIDI Channel 1) and gets frozen or reboots.

The REV2 is set to MIDI Channel 3, Yamaha CP is set to Local Off, so I don't see a loop in that sense.

I'm wondering though: is the REV2 sending MIDI Start/Stop messages?  I know in Slave, No SS mode, it'll filter that out, but does it also send?  Can I disable that somehow? 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:37:38 PM by gravyface »

Re: Master MIDI Clock: does it send MIDI Start/Stop too?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 09:36:33 PM »
No, it does not send start/stop.
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 07:47:38 AM »
No, it does not send start/stop.

Ok, thanks.

Think it might be the Reface: the MIDI implementation is awful, so wondering if it being in Omni Channel receive would cause an issue.  The REV2 shouldn't be emitting any MIDI Note On/Off events from the arpeggiator, so not sure if that would be an issue.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 06:54:02 AM »
I have a similar question;
DAW Synced to REV2 (I've done it the other way around, utilizing the SEQ Trig Input to sync the Prophet 'sample-accurately' and using the MIDI to send Start/Stop - works wonders)

BUT the other way around:
Is there any way to send a start/stop message from the Prophet REV2? I've tried mapping the actual 'Play' button to the Start/Stop of my DAW but no avail (CC and NRPN)