The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Gear Obsession

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
Re: Gear Obsession
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2018, 09:55:35 PM »
Sometimes I think a decision should be passion, sometimes ration. Who's up?

Searching for modules for my eurorack, I find I'm torn between a passionate want and a rational need.  I have this list of wants and some of them crossover into needs, heheh.  I am of the opinion that one can never have too many percussion sources so I tend to buy them with a passion.  I am also a big advocate of MIDI routers and have meticulously research most that were ever produced so as to know which is best for what purposes and acquisitions are decided using rational (if anyone spots a Mondovox or an MX-8 for sale, please let me know).

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2018, 03:42:33 PM »
*there are 6 listings for the MX-8 on reverb.com and 5 listings on eBay right now.
SEQUENTIAL

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2018, 08:58:36 PM »
*there are 6 listings for the MX-8 on reverb.com and 5 listings on eBay right now.

Cheers for the heads-up.  If only a Mondovox would appear (I think they were in production for all of 6mths, I saw them on the FR site, collected the money for one and then they were discontinued!)
Ebay? Must not be all available to Aus as I have an alert on that product and only three are showing for me, two of which are that seller in France (both are $300+aud incl.p&h is way too much for it, they generally go for about ~120+50usd shipping when I haven't the money to grab ::) ).
Reverb sellers tend to take the mickey at times with international shipping.  Of the six you mentioned, only two are shipping to Australia, with one charging 85aud p&h and the other 282aud p&h, bringing both into the 400+ field making them not worth the cost, I'll grab a MIDIGal before I pay that much which is only really worth the cost for the diy kit, just can't find 3 components needed for it here!.  MIDI delay and chord splitting are the functions I'm after, which MIDIGal provides though @ $200aud+ assembled, I'd like more than a single MIDI in and out.

GAS, it can be done rationally....heheh.