Trouble updating OS

notionsdepartment

Trouble updating OS
« on: March 01, 2018, 09:28:07 AM »
I'm trying to update to the newest OS (1.1.0.3) from 1.0.7.2 using MIDI OX on PC and it's not working. I follow the directions, and the Sysex seems to be sending from the PC, but the Rev2 is interpreting it as note data and not updating the OS.

I'm following the instructions (https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/updating-prophet-rev2-os/), which say,
"From the Global menu, select “MIDI Sysex Enable” and make sure it’s set to “On.”

But I see no such option in my Global settings. Any ideas?

Re: Trouble updating OS
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 10:49:52 AM »
This option does not appear on my REV2 either (perhaps it was there in very early OS version?). Just make sure that if you're connected via USB from your PC that "MIDI Sysex Cable" is set to "USB" in Globals.

And of course, make sure that you have the right sysex file selected in MIDI OX.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

notionsdepartment

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 11:35:53 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Yep, I've done all that. The sysex data is being sent, but the Rev2 is interpreting it as MIDI notes, apparently.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »
Perhaps you could reset the globals to their default settings ?
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340