Ob6 modwheel and curves

W07

Ob6 modwheel and curves
« on: February 28, 2018, 06:36:16 AM »
Is there a way of specifying the range of the modwheel on the Ob6/P6? it's the only synth i have where i can't seem to do this, and it's a bit annoying when playing. Too easy to overshoot the nice sounding range, especially with vibrato.

Also, does anyone have a description of the different AT en VEL curves?
I know the 0 values are supposed to be linear, but i don't really like them.

W07

Re: Ob6 modwheel and curves
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 04:21:30 PM »
So apparently you cannot scale the range of the modwheel? Seems like a major design flaw...

I was working on a patch today, and even though i turned down the initial amount, turned down the modwheel and removed the lfo amount as a destination for AT, the lfo was still affecting the filter.

When turning up the modwheel, lfo amount jumps straight to max, no amount could be dialed in. Turning the mdwhl down reduced the lfo amount to zero instantly. when i pushed the filter as a destination in the lfo matrix, it instantly started affecting, even tho modweel was completely down.

Is this a bug, am i misunderstanding something, or can it be i have a broken modwheel? maybe the calibration is off, so Mdwhl on zero still gives an lfo amount?

does anyone know of a solution, or calibraton procedure for the wheel?

Re: Ob6 modwheel and curves
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 03:12:52 PM »
That's not how the mod wheel should work. Please contact our dedicated support channel for help solving your issue:

support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM