Features Suggestions: Extended slop, etc

eXode

Features Suggestions: Extended slop, etc
« on: January 22, 2016, 01:59:00 AM »
Hi,

I'd like to see extended slop in DSI's DCO Curtis based products, with a range similar to that of the Prophet 12 and Prophet-6.

Another feature I'd like to see is a continuous detune for the voices, this would work both in regular poly mode for some natural detuning between the voices (great for chords etc), and in unison mode.

Alternatively, I'd like to see a RANDOM source for the mod matrix that functions per voice. basically each note struck will be assign a random static value. This could work as an alternative for the continuous detuning per voice (since each voice would get it's own random value), plus it works great with arpeggios and similar (i.e. random modulating filter cutoff).

If there's already a way to achieve this random static value per voice (I might have overlooked something), then I'd love to hear about it! :)

Re: Features Suggestions: Extended slop, etc
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:39:30 PM »
I would like to see an update to the sequencer section. Maybe add a key reset feature?

dswo

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 04:30:14 PM »
I like all of these ideas. For the sequencer, note entry via the keyboard would be lovely. (Didn't the Evolver already have this?)
David Wilson-Okamura
English professor

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 11:31:25 AM »
I have never used the Evolver. The 08 is my first DSI/SC synth. I love it! Except for the sequencer. I agree that the sequencer should allow for keyboard input of notes. One reason I purchased it was for the sequencer, but due to the way it works, I haven't used that portion.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 02:59:14 AM »
I would love to see a sequencer function with a keyreset but NO keyreset in legato mode. There's only a NOreset mode, but it's useless.

An Arp function with a decent octave UP sequence would be nice. So first playing the notes you play and THEN the whole thing an octave up. Instead of Playing the notes from low to high.

Novem

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 05:25:58 PM »
I know this has been around for a while..but I stumbled on to this iPad app called Patch Morpher. You
Can use it for patch storage as well! I'm definitely going to check this out!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/patch-morpher-for-ipad-offers-live-patch-mixing-for-synths-588248

Novem

PS..eXode, I have been going thru your patches on my P08 you posted on dsiforums..really great!

chysn

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 11:42:48 AM »
If there's already a way to achieve this random static value per voice (I might have overlooked something), then I'd love to hear about it! :)

Sort of, as I recall from my Mopho days. A random LFO assigned to frequency (or whatever), at the slowest possible speed, with key sync on, and you'll have a random value with each gate for a good long time (as long as you're not holding notes for more than like thirty seconds).

This technique also works for the Evolver (although the way to turn on key sync is silly and hidden [using the the Amount control to go all the way to the highest amount, and past it]), where I use it sometimes. On the Evolver, the slowest LFO period is a minute, so it might as well be a static value.

Apparently, this technique does not work for the Pro 2/Prophet 12 architecture, because a key-synced random LFO always starts on a value of zero for those synths, and (from what I'm told) changing the LFO phase doesn't help.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:01:11 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 05:55:03 AM »
I wish an update :  to trigg  (on/off)and play the AMP and the VCA Level with keyboard. Will be a rebirth !

Thanks for this nice Analog synth, one of the best !

Alex

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 08:56:54 AM »
I wish an update :  to trigg  (on/off)and play the AMP and the VCA Level with keyboard. Will be a rebirth !

Thanks for this nice Analog synth, one of the best !

A newbie here, but can you modulate the VCA level with the velocity or aftertouch using the mod matrix?

I agree, this synth is incredible and highly underrated!

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 10:52:42 AM »
"A newbie here, but can you modulate the VCA level with the velocity or aftertouch using the mod matrix?", Yes. but il will be nice to play with the keyboard the AMP  with the vca level open like a another voice with the pitch

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 10:27:35 AM »
I'd love to have the nonstandard tunings like the ones on the Prophet 12.