Trance + Future bass Supersaws

Trance + Future bass Supersaws
« on: February 20, 2018, 03:33:55 PM »
Im trying to make the simplest of sounds a big supersaw. When I go to global settings and changed the voicing to 16 and the amount of detune, nothing happens. I dont feel like the voicing and detuning is working at all. I have to be missing something here. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Trance + Future bass Supersaws
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 03:54:37 PM »
You could use the Unison mode (the Unison button).
By default the number of voices for Unison mode is set to 1. To change it to any number higher than that, press the Misc Params knob and turn the Parameter knob until you see Unison Mode displayed. Than turn the Value knob to select the number of voices you'd like.

This setting is per patch and will be remembered if the patch is saved.

If you want polyphonic you have to turn On oscillator number 2 (by selecting a waveform for it and setting the Osc Mix knob half way).

Hope this helps ?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:14:33 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Re: Trance + Future bass Supersaws
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 11:01:03 PM »
The detune in the menu is meant for the Unison mode, which only takes 1 note or a chord as input, so not ideal for ur purpose.

Instead...

Stack the layers!  8)

3 clean saws and maybe a square.
Add detune by adjusting fine tune (+/- 1-10) on each saw.
Add noise
Add a bit of slop
Apply LFO or ENV3 to the pitch for more detune
Adjust ADSR for brass og supersaw
Add chorus or verb to taste

Lastly create some full chords with lots of voices to use all of your 16 voices. Testing this made me wish i had the 16 model....   :o