Anticipation

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Anticipation
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2016, 09:34:01 PM »
DSI Support is excellent and usually responds within a day, some times much sooner.

I, too, would like to see an OB-6 Module.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:35:38 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2016, 11:43:31 AM »
Fantastic sounding synth, might get one, but the best part is that Dave has now the technology to build a huge flagship synth, a P12 killer with the analog voices of OB6 / Prophet 6. I would not mind if it was 8-voice "only". DSI is really going to right direction at the moment.

Yep! A bi-timbral OB-8 or multi-timbral OB-12 analog would be great. Could also go the hybrid direction with Pro2 or Prophet12 and OB6 features in one synth... Of course this would increase the price quite drastically. Not sure if it would be commercially interesting for DSI.
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2016, 11:42:08 AM »
Speaking of anticipation.  When are they shipping?
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2016, 12:45:22 PM »
It's the quiet before the storm, that much is obvious.

« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2016, 11:04:12 AM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:08:43 AM by Paul Dither »

« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2016, 11:09:29 AM »
Look, it's your order, Sacred Synthesis (I knew you wouldn't go for less than 30 voices):

« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »
I' usually patient enough to wait a few months on anything new for the creases to iron themselves out.  But I just couldn't this time around.  Very excited about this and hopefully mine is on this pallet :D

When I started getting serious about synths I decided to get my first "real synth"  (a PO8).  It had been in production for years already at that point, but it t took a month and a half for it to reach me!  My first shipment never made it to my house, instead apparently stolen in transit (in shipper jurisdiction) from what was later determined!   The second instrument to be sent out was botched by the store I ordered thru, which delayed it once again.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that next time this week I can be playing one.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2016, 11:53:50 AM »
Look, it's your order, Sacred Synthesis (I knew you wouldn't go for less than 30 voices):

Oh yes, there's my order, all ready for shipping to my front door!  Now I hope they include half-a-dozen MIDI cables, so I can link them all together and make yet another monster brass patch video.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:51:15 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2016, 11:57:42 AM »
I' usually patient enough to wait a few months on anything new for the creases to iron themselves out.  But I just couldn't this time around.  Very excited about this and hopefully mine is on this pallet :D

When I started getting serious about synths I decided to get my first "real synth"  (a PO8).  It had been in production for years already at that point, but it t took a month and a half for it to reach me!  My first shipment never made it to my house, instead apparently stolen in transit (in shipper jurisdiction) from what was later determined!   The second instrument to be sent out was botched by the store I ordered thru, which delayed it once again.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that next time this week I can be playing one.

But it was worth all the trouble and fuss, right?

« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2016, 07:57:50 AM »

But it was worth all the trouble and fuss, right?

Oh yes :)

« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2016, 12:38:44 AM »
My first proper synth was a Wavestation SR. So I seem to have been a Dave Smith fan from the start. Although I have been adding other brands (Modal) to my set up as DSI was dominating it.

The big issue with the arrival of the OB6 will be where to put it and should I keep the Prophet 6?

« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2016, 02:51:41 PM »
just picked up the ob6 today at a GC in LA. compliments my juno 60 and Jupiter 80 nicely. i have wanted a oberheim synth since i could play a keyboard by myself, and i can finally die a happy soul...

« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2016, 02:46:25 PM »
just picked up the ob6 today at a GC in LA. compliments my juno 60 and Jupiter 80 nicely. i have wanted a oberheim synth since i could play a keyboard by myself, and i can finally die a happy soul...

Great.  I hope they are working their way east soon!

« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2016, 07:41:49 AM »

Great.  I hope they are working their way east soon!

Well, not so fast......   I inquired with GC yesterday,  I'm told now the date is April 6, and that's for a January pre-order :(

« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2016, 12:59:36 AM »
yeah i was hoping that LA GC's would get these cats in stores quick so i opted to get notified by email from GC when they were in stock. i walked in to an LA GC the next morning after they got them im stock the night before.

« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2016, 11:56:01 AM »
Well, I solved the problem of not liking the length of the keyboard and only 6 voices :-)
New addition to my studio :-)

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2016, 11:58:37 AM »
Magnificent!  You really have solved a few problems with that one.  Enjoy.

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »
Magnificent!  You really have solved a few problems with that one.  Enjoy.

Thank you very much. It sounds lovely :-)

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2016, 12:14:13 PM »
If I could change the synthesizer world, that's the sort of instrument that would be common: large, powerful, rich in tone.  I won't say I'm jealous, Vinny, but.... :-[

« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2016, 12:17:41 PM »
If I could change the synthesizer world, that's the sort of instrument that would be common: large, powerful, rich in tone.  I won't say I'm jealous, Vinny, but.... :-[

I know it won't be as reliable as a new synth but at the moment, it ticks the boxes.
Wish all the old names would get back in the game and re-release the flagship models :-)