Can’t Get Sequencer to run external Behringer Model D using midi - help!

Hi all - have got a behringer model D to use as extra oscillators for my Pro 2 and it sounds great.  I have it connected via midi (channel 5) and all works great for manual playing and when using the arp.  However, I can’t get any joy at getting the Pro 2 sequencer to play the D. Midi thru / out 2 din is already in use to pass clock onto my Dom 1 sequencer so only have midi out din to use.  I am running the D from the din midi out (which is set in global to midi).  I tried copying the notes from track 1 to track 2 and setting track 2 destination to seq out 1 ch 5, but still no joy.  I notice that the seq out 1 ch 5 is greyed out - don’t know if that has any relevance or not. 
I may try the midi out using the USB instead of the DIN but can’t imagine that will help.  I am more than happy to try the CV/gate route instead but to be honest don’t really know what I’m doing with that option.
Pro 2 is in the latest firmware version.
Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Can’t Get Sequencer to run external Behringer Model D using midi - help!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 05:45:48 AM »
Make sure your velocity values for each step are above zero on the outgoing track; otherwise, I don't think the notes will sound on the external module.
DSI Pro 2 | Yamaha MODX 6 | Volcas: FM2/Kick  | Roland JU-06A | 104HP Eurorack | Arturia Drumbrute Impact | Eventide H9 | EHX Grand Canyon | iPad

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:19:08 AM »
Make sure your velocity values for each step are above zero on the outgoing track; otherwise, I don't think the notes will sound on the external module.

Thanks Bryan, will give that a try. 

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »
Sort of OT but how us the Behringer Model d?

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 10:39:30 PM »

Thanks again Bryan that was exactly the problem.  It now sequences perfectly and sounds great.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 10:47:24 PM »

It honestly sounds really good.  I am using it both as a standalone controlled by the Pro 2 and also to go into the Pro 2’s external in so it adds in analog oscillators.  In both instances for £299 what’s not to love. It sounds great on its own and really adds some depth and fullness to the Pro 2.  Although I have owned many synths since 1981 have never owned a Moog so can’t claim to know how close it is to the real thing, I leave that to others.  I wanted some good sounding analog oscillators to use with the Pro 2 so when this came up for the price had to get it.  Originally was only going to use it with Pro 2 external in but have had to make space on my mixer for another input for it as it sounds that good.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 06:07:25 AM »

Thanks again Bryan that was exactly the problem.  It now sequences perfectly and sounds great.

Glad to hear it. Have been considering adding a Behringer Model D to my Pro 2 as well. Going to try a Moog SS37 first, but if I'm not sold on that, the D is next in line.
DSI Pro 2 | Yamaha MODX 6 | Volcas: FM2/Kick  | Roland JU-06A | 104HP Eurorack | Arturia Drumbrute Impact | Eventide H9 | EHX Grand Canyon | iPad

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 03:53:23 PM »

Glad to hear it. Have been considering adding a Behringer Model D to my Pro 2 as well. Going to try a Moog SS37 first, but if I'm not sold on that, the D is next in line.
[/quote]

That sounds a cool combo.  I was looking for as cheap a way as poss to add analog oscillators and I lacked something ‘Moog’y’ in my set up so the D was perfect.  I have Dominion 1 as well and feel monophonically now I have enough.  Used Pro 2 cv outs to control filter cutoff which worked perfectly on the D as well so going to experiment more.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 04:55:45 AM »

It honestly sounds really good.  I am using it both as a standalone controlled by the Pro 2 and also to go into the Pro 2’s external in so it adds in analog oscillators.  In both instances for £299 what’s not to love. It sounds great on its own and really adds some depth and fullness to the Pro 2.  Although I have owned many synths since 1981 have never owned a Moog so can’t claim to know how close it is to the real thing, I leave that to others.  I wanted some good sounding analog oscillators to use with the Pro 2 so when this came up for the price had to get it.  Originally was only going to use it with Pro 2 external in but have had to make space on my mixer for another input for it as it sounds that good.

Thanks for the info. Waiting for them to get in stock and then I might have to get one.