Arturia MatrixBrute

Re: Arturia MatrixBrute
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 12:29:56 PM »
And a couple of more sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geRsiHK9gmA

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2016, 08:03:14 AM »
This may seem a bit shallow, but does anyone know if those side panels are actually wood or just some plastic meant to look like wood?

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 09:34:58 PM »
Yummy. (Might also answer the wood question. - It's real wood.)

LoboLives

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2016, 03:15:04 AM »
In regards to the step sequencer...can you mute steps, ratchet steps or chain sequences together?

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2016, 07:36:27 AM »
Hi everyone. I am new here and have few queries. Can you people please tell me that Isn't full digital storage of the whole modulation matrix along with every other parameter kind of its selling point? If so, a full MIDI implementation is basically a given, unless they want you to use their editor software only.

hdi pcbs
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:08:16 PM by KinnieDhar »

chysn

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2016, 08:20:03 AM »
Hi everyone. I am new here and have few queries. Can you people please tell me that Isn't full digital storage of the whole modulation matrix along with every other parameter kind of its selling point? If so, a full MIDI implementation is basically a given, unless they want you to use their editor software only.

The real issue probably has more to do with documentation than capability.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2016, 11:24:33 PM »

Shaw

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 09:26:27 PM »
I already gave an Origin that is falling apart.

Arturia is the new Alesis in terms of build quality.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

chysn

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2016, 03:43:50 AM »

Oh, snap!

I feel like I have to defend Arturia a little bit, here, albeit only anecdotally. I'm impressed with the build quality of my MicroBrute. The case doesn't flex, the pots are smooth and solid, the jacks are in the decent range. They're up there with, say, Korg, nowadays. Maybe somewhere between Casio and Korg. Not amazing, but not really terrible.

Note that my 'Brute lives on a cushy desk in a home office, so it doesn't exactly see serious action.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Shaw

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2016, 04:38:00 AM »

Oh, snap!

I feel like I have to defend Arturia a little bit, here, albeit only anecdotally. I'm impressed with the build quality of my MicroBrute. The case doesn't flex, the pots are smooth and solid, the jacks are in the decent range. They're up there with, say, Korg, nowadays. Maybe somewhere between Casio and Korg. Not amazing, but not really terrible.

Note that my 'Brute lives on a cushy desk in a home office, so it doesn't exactly see serious action.

That's one hell of an endorsement you made there.  :)
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2016, 06:45:49 AM »

Dunno. I thought the MiniBrute - at least the 2nd revision (after they changed the keyboard supplier) - was solid. Never had any issues with it and it's certainly way more robust than the MS-20 Mini. And everybody who had the opportunity of checking out one of the MatrixBrute prototypes so far left a positive feedback about the build quality.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2016, 09:07:06 PM »
A long video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TrZIZRyQXA

I guess they're celebrating, not with a shot glass, but with a lava lamp.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:08:52 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Shaw

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2016, 09:44:18 PM »
A long video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TrZIZRyQXA

I guess they're celebrating, not with a shot glass, but with a lava lamp.

Maybe there will be a lot of early adopters making rash decisions and I can snag a Moog Sub37 for cheap...  :)

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2016, 09:48:52 PM »
This is a bit much talking instead of playing. What also strikes me is how uncompelling all those MatrixBrute sound examples are. I've heard better examples in some of the unfortunately noisy NAMM videos. So far, it definitely looks better on paper. The sound of the last presentations have been more than meh.

Shaw

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2016, 10:07:18 PM »
This is a bit much talking instead of playing. What also strikes me is how uncompelling all those MatrixBrute sound examples are. I've heard better examples in some of the unfortunately noisy NAMM videos. So far, it definitely looks better on paper. The sound of the last presentations have been more than meh.

I'm glad someone else said it... largely unimpressed by this.  Seeing one live may change my opinion, but this seems like a good quality recording -- so I don't think it is the recording quality.

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2016, 10:09:15 PM »
Well, I also said that as someone who liked the MiniBrute for its own sound. So I'm assuming they must be doing something wrong here or don't wanna spoil the official announcement. But then, they should wait with demos like this.

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2016, 10:23:02 PM »
That video is awful, how not to sell a synth!

It's got to sound as good as a minibrute and then some more with the extras, very strange.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2016, 07:17:02 AM »
I listened to only the first few minutes of that video.  It seemed far too boring, and I found the lava lamp more interesting.  Besides, for some reason, I just can't get enthusiastic about the Matrixbrute.  It has the architecture that I would normally like, but the appearance annoys me.  It looks like a glorified cell phone, rather than a musical instrument.  I would expect to turn it on and immediately get a call from a telemarketer.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:18:43 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2016, 10:05:37 AM »
Okay, this one contains more audio examples: https://youtu.be/ru2quYHKXp4?t=5m53s

Shaw

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2016, 11:02:52 AM »
Okay, this one contains more audio examples: https://youtu.be/ru2quYHKXp4?t=5m53s

I'm not impressed, but I think at this point I may just be biased against the brand.  So take that with a grain of salt.  But to me, it just doesn't sound like a 3 VCO synth.

My 2˘