Arturia MatrixBrute

Re: Arturia MatrixBrute
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2018, 06:06:48 AM »
Mines 12/2016

Yours is still quite old though, there may be an issue with the oscillators phase locking which I think has been fixed in more recent ones.

If it bothers you I have the details of how to fix it if you PM me. (you need to be able to solder SMT resistors though)

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2018, 07:55:46 AM »
Mines 12/2016

Yours is still quite old though, there may be an issue with the oscillators phase locking which I think has been fixed in more recent ones.

If it bothers you I have the details of how to fix it if you PM me. (you need to be able to solder SMT resistors though)

PM sent. 

I got the Arturia MCC software up and running and I already have the latest firmware...though from reading the MxB forums it appears a new update may be coming soon - at least that's what everyone is hoping for  ;)
Mutiny in Jonestown, Progressive Rock Since 1987:

Bandcamp: https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Gomjab

« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2018, 10:39:55 PM »
I just joined the MatrixBrute club!  I found a used one in like new condition for $1500 and it was close enough to pick up so no worry about shipping damage.  I literally just got it home and did a quick test to confirm all the keys and knobs function and it puts forth a glorious sound!

What is the oscillator phasing issue mentioned?  I’ll have to google for some examples to see if mine is effected. I have 7 days to return it if it has issues.

« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2018, 03:45:06 PM »
I just purchased one last week as well. I traded-in my MS20m module to get it. I loved the MS20m, but it always sounded like an MS20. The Matrixbrute is obviously much more versatile.

My first impressions are quite good. Build quality isn't lacking as far as I can tell. The sounds are great!
 A couple criticisms I have are:
 - I'm spoiled with the empty modulation slots in my P12, the MB only has 4. More would be nice.

- the sequencer could have a few more options (ratcheting, extra modulation tracks, separate tracks for each oscillator. )

All in all though, I'm quite happy.

Gomjab

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2018, 04:56:42 PM »
I just purchased one last week as well. I traded-in my MS20m module to get it. I loved the MS20m, but it always sounded like an MS20. The Matrixbrute is obviously much more versatile.

My first impressions are quite good. Build quality isn't lacking as far as I can tell. The sounds are great!
 - I'm spoiled with the empty modulation slots in my P12, the MB only has 4. More would be nice.

- the sequencer could have a few more options (ratcheting, extra modulation tracks, separate tracks for each oscillator. )

Lots of folks have been asking for sequencer improvements so maybe they’ll eventually add more features.

As for the mod matrix it may have only 4 freely assignable but the other columns cover the bases pretty well and I love having the immediate visual feedback of how mod matrix is wired without menu diving.  I’m thrilled with mine.

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2018, 08:59:49 PM »

Don't ask Arturia for a ratcheting sequencer for the MatrixBrute, they gotta add it to the Beatstep Pro first!  Heheh, it's an ongoing request from one user over on their forums.

« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2018, 06:34:59 AM »

Don't ask Arturia for a ratcheting sequencer for the MatrixBrute, they gotta add it to the Beatstep Pro first!  Heheh, it's an ongoing request from one user over on their forums.
Haha. It is something that I'm sure they could implement with software. I'd even consider a hardware upgrade to increase the cpu capability if needed.

Like I said, minor issues. I hope Arturia are supportive of their flagship synth for some years to come. It does sound great, just needs some bugs and features worked out.

« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2018, 07:21:35 AM »
It’s worth joining the Arturia forum. They also actively encourage people to raise a support ticket with new feature requests (rather than just writing on the forum about it). They have basically said that the more tickets they get for a certain feature request, the higher up their list of priorities it will be placed.

« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2019, 05:21:44 AM »
New Soundpack with 32 brand-new presets for the Matrixbrute, you can demo the Sounds here:

https://youtu.be/LkWeduYvEfA

« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2019, 04:07:11 PM »
Really love this mono, but does anyone else wish for a additional high pass filter? Really these things should be standard on all synths, especially ones with such obese low frequencies.
  A per-osc pre-filter high pass would be ace...