Best Reverb for Synths

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Best Reverb for Synths
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 10:48:17 AM »
One reverb I've been increasingly appreciating is the DigiTech Polara.  It has that deep ethereal quality that goes so well with synthesizers. The price is $150.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=DigiTech+Polara+and+synthesizer
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:59:00 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

maNŒuvre

• That which cannot be put into words...
    • Music
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 05:00:36 PM »
I love my Source Audio Ventris. Almost as much as Nick Batt loves his! I used to have an H9 and Big Sky, but felt they weren’t so suited to synths.
'Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.' Victor Hugo

jg666

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2019, 03:34:54 AM »
I’ve not looked into external effects before but this has sparked my interest. A dumb question here maybe :) Do all these external boxes accept a stereo input from a synth? Do you connect the 2 outputs of the synth to the box and then take 2 outputs from the box to the mixer?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

maNŒuvre

• That which cannot be put into words...
    • Music
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2019, 04:39:34 AM »
Basically the answer is yes. Unless you’ve bought a mono Reverb pedal. The Ventris has some patches that utilise a mono input/stereo out. And some programs that use stereo in and out. Either way I have mine with stereo jacks set in, and out, to the aux channels on my mixer.
'Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.' Victor Hugo

jg666

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2019, 04:52:30 AM »
Basically the answer is yes. Unless you’ve bought a mono Reverb pedal. The Ventris has some patches that utilise a mono input/stereo out. And some programs that use stereo in and out. Either way I have mine with stereo jacks set in, and out, to the aux channels on my mixer.

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

LPF83

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2024, 09:52:23 AM »
For a few months now I've had a Meris Mercury X.. I definitely give it a thumbs up for synth usage.

In a nutshell it has the spacey/ambient reverb algorithms of the Mercury 7, plus the traditional ones of the Chase Bliss 1978, plus a few more...  not to mention all of the other modulations and dynamics FX you can add.

Sounds incredible!

It's actually much more than just a reverb pedal, it's really more like a programmable multi FX unit.  On the surface that may not be an attention grabber, but what's brilliant about it is HOW you program it.  The UI design is such that you can achieve your goal quickly using the knobs once you've wrapped your head around how it works (which only takes a few mins). 

It's not an inexpensive pedal, but considering what you get I believe the price makes sense.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2024, 04:23:27 PM »
I use an Eventide space . I also use a Roland space echo pedal. I use the Roland space echo pedal on my OBX8 and the Eventide Space on my Sequential Pro 3 and I use the Eventide Timefactor  on my Minimoog Voyager.

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2024, 11:28:40 PM »
I have a Midiverb II
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.