Adjust oscillator frequencies by octaves

Adjust oscillator frequencies by octaves
« on: February 07, 2018, 01:08:33 AM »
Hi there! Is there a quick and easy way to adjust the Rev2 oscillator frequencies up and down by octaves?

The osc 1/2 freq knobs adjust by semitones across a huge range, which means switching octaves (e.g. C2 up to C3 down to C1) is incredibly tedious, and sometimes I will think I dialed it in, but then barely nudge the dial when I release and oops...I'm a semitone sharp. 95% of the time, I just want to explore different oscillator shapes in different octave combinations, and it is not easy with the Rev2.

What I'd hope for is an octave up/down switch or a setting to make the osc freq knobs only shift by octaves (and move the semitone adjustment to the misc params). Any advice?

Re: Adjust oscillator frequencies by octaves
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 06:06:26 PM »
SimpleRabbit-
There is currently no way to adjust Oscillator Frequency by octaves. I've added this to the feature request list. I don't know if or when this feature will get added, but it's on the list for consideration.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:27:24 AM by Robot Heart »
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:58:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply and info, Robot Heart 😃 I'm loving the Rev2 otherwise!

jg666

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 11:42:00 PM »
I'd like to add a +1 for this feature. I find the current method fiddly when I want to increase/decrease by an octave.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 01:03:48 AM »
Just a little workaround: Use the value encoder beside the display to fine adjust the OSC Freq after turning the poti. Generally this helps in many cases eg. also for setting the filter key amount to 64...
But also my vote for a quick octave jump (eg. turn while holding the wave shape button)