Recording notes / 16 tunings in playlist mode???

Recording notes / 16 tunings in playlist mode???
« on: February 02, 2018, 08:02:55 PM »
I haven't used the playlist mode on my Tempest in about 3 years, but tonight I was trying it out for a new track in my live set and went to record some lines in 16 tunings mode .... and it won't let me record any notes while playlist is on. Is that how it's always been? So you can't build tracks and loops in playlist, it's just to ... play things back in the way they exist on the machine already?

I build a lot of my live sequences on the fly in my set, so if there's no recording in playlist mode it's obviously (still) not for me. But that also seems strange.  :o Am I missing something here?  Thanks!   :)
https://textureandlight.ca (electronic music from inner space)

Re: Recording notes / 16 tunings in playlist mode???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 01:23:59 AM »
As i recall it’s always has been like this..The only thing you can record in playlist mode is your Beat changes..

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:26:04 AM »
As i recall it’s always has been like this..The only thing you can record in playlist mode is your Beat changes..

Ah, that explains why I decided a few years ago not to use it in my set up then  :)

RobH

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 06:14:50 AM »
Heh even my mum who’s now 70 bless her is getting in on the action of the Tempest causing a little disappointment now and then when I got a new trigger sequencer I was showing her and she piped up with “can’t you just use the Tempest” to do that :)

After roughly explaining to her that the Tempest won’t allow me to send all the midi notes at one time I think she understood lmao. The look on her face while I told her this was a picture hahaha!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 06:31:20 AM »
Golden moments :D
Heh even my mum who’s now 70 bless her is getting in on the action of the Tempest causing a little disappointment now and then when I got a new trigger sequencer I was showing her and she piped up with “can’t you just use the Tempest” to do that :)

After roughly explaining to her that the Tempest won’t allow me to send all the midi notes at one time I think she understood lmao. The look on her face while I told her this was a picture hahaha!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 07:54:46 AM »

:D