Screen saver not always engaging.

Screen saver not always engaging.
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:56:56 AM »
As the title says, I've noticed that on some occasions the screen saver doesn't turn off the display at all.
I'm running the latest firmware 1.1.0.3.

I know that this was reported in early version of the firmware and was supposedly corrected in subsequent versions. But it seems to be acting up on occasions.
I've notice that it happens mainly when editing a patch. If I leave the synth for several minutes (10-20), to go eat something for example, I come back to the synth and the display is still on, and was presumably on all this time.

Maybe something to look into for the next firmware update ?

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Re: Screen saver not always engaging.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 11:16:21 AM »
Are you receiving MIDI messages? This will prevent the screen saver from engaging.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 11:30:18 AM »
No MIDI devices connected.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 11:37:51 AM »
Thanks. This isn't something we've had reports of, so if you can come up with a reproducible formula, write in to tech support and we'll look further into it for you.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 11:44:11 AM »
Thanks. I’ll try to note exactly under what circumstances this happens, because it happened a few times since I bought the synth.