Factory Presets corrupted

Factory Presets corrupted
« on: January 29, 2018, 08:12:59 AM »
Hi!

When I bought my Prophet 12 module second hand, I didn't notice that all presets of the factory bank are blank (the user bank was filled with the factory presets *inattentive me*), so F5 to F8 are all "Basic Programs", with weird settings (FM, AM all turned up to the max, lfo full speed, etc.) .
Is it possible for me to re-load the factory banks? I already tried via Sysex and Midi ox, but it just effected the user bank presets. My Main Ver ist up to date 1.4.2.3.

I would appreciate any help!
Thanks!
Regards, Michael.

Shaw

Re: Factory Presets corrupted
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 08:30:43 AM »
Hi!

When I bought my Prophet 12 module second hand, I didn't notice that all presets of the factory bank are blank (the user bank was filled with the factory presets *inattentive me*), so F5 to F8 are all "Basic Programs", with weird settings (FM, AM all turned up to the max, lfo full speed, etc.) .
Is it possible for me to re-load the factory banks? I already tried via Sysex and Midi ox, but it just effected the user bank presets. My Main Ver ist up to date 1.4.2.3.

I would appreciate any help!
Thanks!
Regards, Michael.
Absolutely possible.  I believe you will need the SoundTower Editor to do it (I have done it that way in the past, so I know this can be done).  There should be a SysEx solution to this problem, but I'm not sure where to find it.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 10:13:50 AM »
Thanks for your quick reply and rather good news. Good to know that at least soundtower plugin could help. I am woundering if it's also possible without paying for soundtower editor :-). Unfortunately I am not a "midi sysex" expert at all, so maybe there is some hint, how to get this done.

regards

Shaw

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 10:19:22 AM »
Thanks for your quick reply and rather good news. Good to know that at least soundtower plugin could help. I am woundering if it's also possible without paying for soundtower editor :-). Unfortunately I am not a "midi sysex" expert at all, so maybe there is some hint, how to get this done.

regards
I would think that it should be possible without the SoundTower investment, but alas, I am also not a SysEx expert.  I bet if you email support, they can give you an answer.  And they are typically pretty fast about it.  You might also try a more extensive search of the forum as I believe someone has had this issue before.

support[at]davesmithinstruments.com

Good Luck!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »
Ok. Thanks again!