OS Update & Editor

OS Update & Editor
« on: January 18, 2016, 04:24:39 PM »
Hi
 I am still using OS 1.01
DSI still says there is little reason to update besides using the USB connection.
 If I do update I could use the editor...any other reason to update my OS?
Thanks
Prophet-6, Korg M3,Petros Classical Guitar, Gibson ES 339, Blackstar HT20,Pigtronix PK, Cry Baby, Aqua Puss. Roland VS840GX.

Re: OS Update & Editor
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 08:50:50 AM »
I would say it is always a good idea to run the latest OS.  If you encounter some anomaly or bug, the first thing Support will do is to have you upgrade to the latest. It is never a constructive use of time for a company to troubleshoot a problem with older code.

-dj

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:26:57 AM »
Hi,
I just got my Prophet 6 (keyboard) and wanted to check the OS, but I am confused: it displays 1.2.0 at startup, whilst the latest OS available in the support page is 1.1.0.
Is it possible that the machines are shipping with a new OS which is not yet available for download ?
Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 02:51:50 PM »
Hi,
I just got my Prophet 6 (keyboard) and wanted to check the OS, but I am confused: it displays 1.2.0 at startup, whilst the latest OS available in the support page is 1.1.0.
Is it possible that the machines are shipping with a new OS which is not yet available for download ?
Thanks.

Does yours have tape delay out of interest?

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 01:48:54 AM »
I just got it, and my focus has been on anything else but effects. If I am not wrong, I have two delays, bucket-brigade and classic.

Let me know if you want me to check something in particular when I am home.

blewis

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 04:45:03 AM »
If you would be so kind to check. For some reason, I heard "tape" for the first time during NAMM interviews.

Several of us checked the specs, and 3 delay types are mentioned:

reverb (room, hall, plate, spring), delay (full bandwidth digital delay and emulated bucket brigade and tape delays), chorus, and phase shifter

Mine says "ddl" and "bbd" but nothing about tape.  The use of the conjunction "and" would imply there were 3 types.

We're just wondering if this is Ina new firmware update.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 06:25:37 AM »
I checked, and confirm that I have only "bbd" and "ddl", although it came with OS 1.2.0.

blewis

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 06:18:29 PM »
I checked, and confirm that I have only "bbd" and "ddl", although it came with OS 1.2.0.

Thanks for checking

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »
The text for the "tape" delay on the specs page for the Prophet 6 is a typo.  Should be "tap".  Will send a note to the individual in charge of the website and documentation to fix it.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 12:54:11 AM »
Less typo, more TAPE-O, am I riiiight?!!! ;)

I kid, the BBD is plenty enough.
The possibility of the OB6's extra 'Maestro' effects is exciting too. mmm yummo.

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 02:17:21 AM »
I would say it is always a good idea to run the latest OS.  If you encounter some anomaly or bug, the first thing Support will do is to have you upgrade to the latest. It is never a constructive use of time for a company to troubleshoot a problem with older code.

-dj
Thanks ...I did contact support a while back thinking I might have a problem,... turns out I only needed to recalibrate the Mod Wheel. So I guess I am bug free from the start. I did get the editor for the Prophet 08 a few yrs ago & only used it a couple times ... I will probably skip the Prophet 6 editor, so I'm in  no hurry on the Pro6 update.
Prophet-6, Korg M3,Petros Classical Guitar, Gibson ES 339, Blackstar HT20,Pigtronix PK, Cry Baby, Aqua Puss. Roland VS840GX.

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 02:54:23 PM »
OS version 1.1.9.8 works great. If your Prophet-6 comes with 1.1.2 it's best to downgrade to that one as there are quite a few bugs in the latter with the most obvious being no correct display of the oscillator frequencies if you adjust the corresponding knobs (horizintal lines and the frequency only flickers on for a second) and a jumpy BPM knob behaviour (jumping back every 2 values).

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 03:17:04 PM »
DO NOT downgrade if your unit came with 1.2 from the factory. The new OS contains a bootloader not present on the previous versions and you will brick your unit if you try to downgrade. We're working on a new version of the OS that is very stable and fixes a bunch of stuff. It should be up on the forum very soon, likely next week.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 03:18:47 PM »
DO NOT downgrade if your unit came with 1.2 from the factory. The new OS contains a bootloader not present on the previous versions and you will brick your unit if you try to downgrade. We're working on a new version of the OS that is very stable and fixes a bunch of stuff. It should be up on the forum very soon, likely next week.

Oh… Didn't know that. My unit is still workin though.

SepticUnderground

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 12:37:41 AM »

Great, does it fix the occasionally losing USB connection on my MacPro? (useally a MIDI driver reset in logic X brings it online again.)

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 04:01:22 PM »
Not sure. Contact our dedicated support channel with exact steps to reproduce: support@davesmithinstruments.com

If we can duplicate it we can fix it.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM