Is there a way to Bulk Delete Sounds?

Is there a way to Bulk Delete Sounds?
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:25:16 PM »
Hello,

I've just picked up a Tempest and want to purge the memory of all sounds before I upload the 1.4 sound set. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Thanks

Re: Is there a way to Bulk Delete Sounds?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 07:45:07 AM »
1) The easy way: by holding both Shift buttons+System takes you to Tempest's Root menu.The 8th option there says Format Flash Drive. (This and other operational tips & tricks can be found here http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,78.0.html)
2) The hard way: Arcade style rapid fire button delete :P
Hello,

I've just picked up a Tempest and want to purge the memory of all sounds before I upload the 1.4 sound set. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:48:12 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 06:53:02 AM »
Ahhh - there it is :)

Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 10:17:13 PM »
aye mr. yargos,

so this way deletes all sounds, sequences? so its really a clean/blank slate?

maybe a dumb question but cut me some slack, im new to this machine...

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 01:47:14 AM »
Exactly...Make sure you backup first
aye mr. yargos,

so this way deletes all sounds, sequences? so its really a clean/blank slate?

maybe a dumb question but cut me some slack, im new to this machine...

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 11:17:49 PM »
brotha Yargos,

so I just did this format and i was expecting to not hear anything, just blank pads with no sound names.

what i am seeing is sound names on pads and some tones too! is this normal? are there just ROM'ed factory sounds that stick around after a reformat?

the format was successful as i was watching the screen then entire time it was reformatting...

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 01:09:24 AM »
Never did a format but i'm guessing it returns Tempest to factory settings and this means the Initialized Projects/Beats/Sounds.Now if you want not to see factory names and hear that init kick sound you have to create your own Init Project/Beat/Sound and save it in the same menu in format page.
brotha Yargos,

so I just did this format and i was expecting to not hear anything, just blank pads with no sound names.

what i am seeing is sound names on pads and some tones too! is this normal? are there just ROM'ed factory sounds that stick around after a reformat?

the format was successful as i was watching the screen then entire time it was reformatting...

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 05:34:20 AM »
brotha Yargos,

I am pretty sure returning to factory reset after formatting will give you Rogers kit or what I am assuming is Roger Linns Kit because the sounds are named RL in the beginning.

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 07:58:44 AM »
To help you even further go here: http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,34.0.html
and download "Various Tempest Patches" at the bottom of the first post.Inside you'll find some Initialize patches to load to your Tempest.Of course you can modify them to your liking and after that go to T's system root menu (Hold both Shift buttons and hit system) and from there you can save it to a new Init sound or beat template.

Cheers!
Yorgos

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 09:08:39 PM »
Brotha Yargos,

thank you for the post. your help is really cool and I appreciate you taking time to post help.

I think my issue is I have not yet wrapped my head around the nomenclature / workflow on the tempest.

For example, when i formatted the drive, i expected nothing to be on it, yet there were sounds and labels (kick, cymbal, etc) on the pads.

Strangely (to me only I assume), even if a pad said "kick" it would be playing a snare type sound.

i just need to carefully go back through the manual again (for the 3rd time) and pay attention to  the details I may be missing.

I know what a sound is, i know what a beat is, and i know what a project is as it relates to this box, but im still missing some common denominator stuff to make sense of some things....