Tempest not recording.

Tempest not recording.
« on: January 21, 2018, 12:02:57 PM »
Hey,

I have no idea what this is but just suddenly, my Tempest has stopped recording or responding to the record button.  Pushing the rec button doesn't put the recording mode on nor does the red light lit up. Booting, resetting system parameters or initialising a new project also won't remedy the situation. Tempest is running Main OS 1.5.0.2 , Voice OS 1.5, Panel OS 1.3 and Sam OS 1.1. Physically the machine seems fine so have no idea what this is. Urgent help needed! Cheers,

RobH

Re: Tempest not recording.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 12:07:40 PM »
Hey,

I have no idea what this is but just suddenly, my Tempest has stopped recording or responding to the record button.  Pushing the rec button doesn't put the recording mode on nor does the red light lit up. Booting, resetting system parameters or initialising a new project also won't remedy the situation. Tempest is running Main OS 1.5.0.2 , Voice OS 1.5, Panel OS 1.3 and Sam OS 1.1. Physically the machine seems fine so have no idea what this is. Urgent help needed! Cheers,

I would contact DSI support for this one, its not a bug i've heard of personally, its not expected behaviour.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 06:51:18 PM »
Hey,

So you know, you can't record if you're in Beats or Mutes mode.  So if you're in either of those modes, the record function will not engage and the button will not stay lit... Just a shot in the dark.

Cheers!

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 02:29:00 AM »
Hey,

Yeah ran into the same situation today. These steps fixed problem: Hit 'System', turn the 'Category' knob till you find 'System: MIDI Clock'. Make sure for '1. MIDI: Clock Mode' is set to 'Master'.

This happens when you were previously using the MIDI clock/Tempo from your DAW and forgot to go back to the Tempest's internal midi clock. Hope it helps, peace!

Ali A