Global > 34. Basic Program

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
Global > 34. Basic Program
« on: January 21, 2018, 09:53:59 AM »
When you INIT the Basic Program, are your Glide values set to 0? Mine are set to 70.

I was watching a Marc Doty tutorial where when he initialized this patch, Glide was set to 0.

What's about you?

On top of that, it would appear that I'm unable to change the value to 0 and overwrite the Basic Program.

The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

Re: Global > 34. Basic Program
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 11:48:51 AM »
70 is correct. I believe that's the standard default value for that parameter on most DSI synths. Can't speak of Marc's unit, I only know that he likes it.  ;)

Are you saying you can't change the glide value to a lower value after you initialized the basic program? Or would you like the basic program to be changed constantly? The latter I think would only be possible with an according SysEx dump that tells the Pro 2 to initiate a modified basic program.

ARNK

• Returning to Zero
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 09:57:04 PM »
70 is correct. I believe that's the standard default value for that parameter on most DSI synths. Can't speak of Marc's unit, I only know that he likes it.  ;)

Are you saying you can't change the glide value to a lower value after you initialized the basic program? Or would you like the basic program to be changed constantly? The latter I think would only be possible with an according SysEx dump that tells the Pro 2 to initiate a modified basic program.

No, everything is cool in terms of functionality then Paul thanks.

I had another question plaguing me tonight. When I load up the init patch, with all things being equal, should not the level meters for both the right and left speakers be exactly the same? Here's an image from my mixer in Cubase:

https://ln.sync.com/dl/7a7925800/rv46sb3x-ns9t2smj-y9ye6gn4-4jejuasj

Notice how the signal seems to both average and peak a bit higher on the right meter?
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 07:14:53 AM »

No, everything is cool in terms of functionality then Paul thanks.

I had another question plaguing me tonight. When I load up the init patch, with all things being equal, should not the level meters for both the right and left speakers be exactly the same? Here's an image from my mixer in Cubase:

https://ln.sync.com/dl/7a7925800/rv46sb3x-ns9t2smj-y9ye6gn4-4jejuasj

Notice how the signal seems to both average and peak a bit higher on the right meter?

I'd validate using a Y-cable first; once you have equal levels from the same source, then validate that you have equal-ish levels from the stereo outputs.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

ARNK

• Returning to Zero
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 07:11:36 PM »
Okay Paul thanks, but would anybody mind initializing a basic patch and snapshotting an image of your level meters showing the left/right sides?

That is considering the Pro 2 in Stereo Mode.

I have to adjust the gain setting a bit in my software mixer to balance things out.