Four notes on, four notes off

Four notes on, four notes off
« on: December 14, 2017, 07:58:30 PM »
Hey all,

I recently (~2 months ago) bought a Prophet Rev2 and it's been awesome. However, today it started exhibiting some odd (and very broken) behavior: whenever I try to play the keyboard, it is silent for four notes, and then plays four notes normally, then four missing notes, then four normal notes, and so on and so forth.

I've reset globals but that's all the debugging I've done. Does anyone know what might be happening?

Re: Four notes on, four notes off
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
Seems that you use the 8 voice version and have both outputs A and B connected. I would first check the cables. I had the same problem and the cables of one output caused this most likely. Strange that it affected both channels of the cable but after plugging in/out a few times it worked again and since it has been replaced there has not been any problem anymore.
DSI Prophet Rev2

mf

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 12:18:33 PM »
Seems that you use the 8 voice version and have both outputs A and B connected. I would first check the cables. I had the same problem and the cables of one output caused this most likely. Strange that it affected both channels of the cable but after plugging in/out a few times it worked again and since it has been replaced there has not been any problem anymore.

I am a fresh owner of Prophet Rev2 which is also my first synth of DSI.
I used to plug the cables in ''B Output'' that's why I face the same problem like evantarrh user but your answer my friend solve this ''problem''!!
I plug the cables in ''Main/A Output'' and everything works perfect!!
Thanks man!!

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 01:49:48 PM »
You're welcome!  :) Have fun...
DSI Prophet Rev2