SEQUENTIAL PROPHET 6 SoundEditor

SEQUENTIAL PROPHET 6 SoundEditor
« on: January 17, 2016, 06:54:35 AM »
Hi. Just received my Prophet 6 Module here in the UK. Can anyone tell me if the SEQUENTIAL PROPHET 6 SoundEditor works with the module or just the Keyboard version. Thanks. :)

Re: SEQUENTIAL PROPHET 6 SoundEditor
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 08:06:42 AM »
I've no idea if the editor works with the P6 module. However, you should be able to download the editor and use it in demo mode.

http://soundtower.com/prophet6/index.html

This should be able to tell you whether it recognises and works with the module. Personally, I have a few issues with the editor and it concerns me that a number of relatively simple UI bugs aren't getting resolved. That said, it is pretty useful, even in demo mode, for seeing how patches are setup and dialling in precise values.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 11:06:42 AM »
Thanks Fuseball. Just worked out how to download the demo. I'll give it a try. ;)

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 04:32:37 PM »
Thanks Fuseball. Just worked out how to download the demo. I'll give it a try. ;)

How did it work out for ya, Zaskar?

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 03:54:49 AM »
I've been using the SoundTower p6 editor for a few weeks now, it was quite hard to setup (mainly due to me diving in there and not reading the instructions! Lol) but once it is properly configured with the correct Usb drivers and both RX and TX set to the right device, it works very well.
The editor adds a lot to the functionality of the P6. I like the visual representation of the position of the panel knobs, envelops and controls. The ability to name, catagorise and shuffle presets and manage all banks is a huge addition to the instruments utilities. I haven't experimented yet with the sequencers visual edit tools or the patch morpher but I will and I'll report back.. Good stuff!
Big synth stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkR38XLkFear5Sf9QypQvA
| Kurzweil Forte | Casio Privia PX 5s | Nord Electro 3 73 | Studiologic Sledge Black| Roland Juno Di | DSI Prophet 6 | Oberheim DPX 1 | EMU Esi 4000 | 2 x Yamaha Tx7 |