Couldn't resist deal, so i got a Pro2

buchlabum

• west coast synthesis please...
Couldn't resist deal, so i got a Pro2
« on: January 19, 2018, 09:41:13 PM »
Found a really nice price on a secondhand one.  I would have loved to send Dave some money buying a new one, but I gotta save for more Evo desktops.

For years I mainly focused on my Buchla, but had an itch to play lush chords and get better at playing traditional keys.  So all 3 DSI synths are recent purchases.  I should have kept my very first DSI, a Evo desktop, but I like knobs.  The MEK makes a great UI for the desktops. 

I can only wonder if there will one day be desktop Pro2 synths that could maybe add voices.  But i don't think it's designed for that. I hope someone can tell me I'm wrong and it is possible, if Dave wants.  :)

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Couldn't resist deal, so i got a Pro2
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 11:46:35 AM »
I suppose we can't know for certain, but it's highly unlikely that DSI will produce a Pro 2 desktop/module version, because the module version is always released soon after the new keyboard version is released.  It's been quite a while since the Pro 2 was released.

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »
Found a really nice price on a secondhand one.  I would have loved to send Dave some money buying a new one, but I gotta save for more Evo desktops.

For years I mainly focused on my Buchla, but had an itch to play lush chords and get better at playing traditional keys.  So all 3 DSI synths are recent purchases.  I should have kept my very first DSI, a Evo desktop, but I like knobs.  The MEK makes a great UI for the desktops. 

I can only wonder if there will one day be desktop Pro2 synths that could maybe add voices.  But i don't think it's designed for that. I hope someone can tell me I'm wrong and it is possible, if Dave wants.  :)

Yea, I agree with Sacred Synthesis. A desktop would have happened by now. Congrats by the way, happy exploring!
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

buchlabum

• west coast synthesis please...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 02:27:27 PM »
I wasn't 100% sure it was a keeper, but after going through the presets, not even .01% of buyer's remorse.  It's got so much character, and the sequencer is deeeeeeep.  A lot of what I love about the Evolver is in there too, so that's great.

I watched some of the videos on how to use it, and I see why I've read some people saying it's as close to a modular in a bot as there is. 

One voice is plenty, and I've started using it in lowest not priority and controlling the Rev2 at the same time. 
Drone + playing rev2 above that drone = happiness